Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New GT takeoff muffler

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:14 AM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New GT takeoff muffler

I just got finished putting on the nino duals and gt take offs this past weekend . Got a few different " hey it sounds good " from the neighbors . I learned that it's a lot easier to take off the stock muffler by taking off the rear hanger first so the muffler hangs down a little so you can get access to the front hangers bottom bolt . When installing the GT's I slid the hangers on the muffler, installed the muffler loosely into the pipe and then tightened the front bottom hanger bolt first .
Old 06-29-2007, 12:33 AM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

i tired to do the sequential tail lights on my self... but i never been too good with electronics, so after zapping myself a couple times i threw in the towel. yesw i know i should have disconnected the battery.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:45 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Razorbackfan

ORIGINAL: hataap

good choice man. and watch out for that modding bug...haha. once it hits it is hard to shake.
Really? All I've done so far is...

S&B CAI; GT takeoff muffler; Pony floor mats; Hood lift kit; Eleanor style grill and fogs; Real Carbon Fiber dash trim; Honeycomb rear blackout; chrome tail light trim; Sequential turn signals; Chrome door sill inserts; Pioneer AVIC-D3 with XM and ipod adapter; 14" shorty antenna; Pony wheel caps; Mustang logo oil cap; Mustang logo power outlet plug; Xenon headlight bulbs.

I wonder if there is a Mustang annonymous? Hello, my name is Jim and I'm a Mustang addict.
lol..geeze man. looks like it got to you bad. i had no idea you had all those mods...

not to hijack this thread, but how do you like your AVIC D3??
Old 06-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Razorbackfan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hataap

lol..geeze man. looks like it got to you bad. i had no idea you had all those mods...

not to hijack this thread, but how do you like your AVIC D3??
Fedex finally delivered it at 7:30 tonight, so I'm going to install it first thing in the morning.

As far as mods for this Mustang go, I'm having fun, and it's only money.