Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DTE FLI DATA ERROR.... it's back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: DTE FLI DATA ERROR.... it's back!!!

there are two other adapters out there. the PIE adapter and Axxess. don't know much about the Axxess adapter but i'm very interested if its an error free unit. i really don't want to take out my shaker but will if no other solid options are available. there are some pretty cool touch screen models out there that would like very nice in a stang.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

I just installed the AXXESS system today, along with an XM tuner and my ipod. It works awesome. One thing, though, and this has nothing to do with the adapters---for ipod scrolling, it is a bit of a bitch if you have a ton of Artists, etc., so, if you want to get to, for example, "Portishead," you'll have to hit the scroll button about 50 times...LOL.

Other than that, the setup was flawless on my Shaker 500. Sounds amazing, and it was a total cinch to install.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

I just installed the AXXESS system today, along with an XM tuner and my ipod. It works awesome. One thing, though, and this has nothing to do with the adapters---for ipod scrolling, it is a bit of a bitch if you have a ton of Artists, etc., so, if you want to get to, for example, "Portishead," you'll have to hit the scroll button about 50 times...LOL.

Other than that, the setup was flawless on my Shaker 500. Sounds amazing, and it was a total cinch to install.
do they have a model that's only an auxillary input and not specifically for iPod? i need a device that i can plug any device into. where did you purchase your AXXESS?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, the AXXESS has this. You need some particular cable, but essentially, you can plug any device to the AXXESS and it's good. Ebay.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Volguus

I've been living with the DTE FLI DATA ERR on and off for almost a year with my '06 GT convertible. My car is a lease so I haven't modded it one bit, cosmetically or otherwise. Also being a lease you know I get all the recommended checkups and maintenance. The fuel error seems tocorrespond to gas quality indeed. I went over 6 months without the error at all, then after one fillup out on a road trip it came back with a vengeance. Since then I've been filling it at my regular station near home. It seems to be happening less frequently with each newfillup (or half-fillup since I also have the "non-existent" early gas pump shutoff issue). Additionally, it happens most often right after fillup and gets less frequentas the tank empties. So, tomy eyes, it looks as if whatever was in that one bad tankfull is only gradually being diluted and burnt off with successive "good" tankfulls. Since my DTE error is happening in an apparent ever-decreasing curve of incidents, this seems to be the case.

Oh, in case you're wondering why I don't hop over to the dealership? Well, take your own dealership horror stories, and then add this one extra twist: I'm living in Romania! You think YOUR local guys are ill-equipped? My car is the only Ford in the country with more than 4 cylinders. Every time I take it in for the periodic maintenance, all other work in the placestops as my car becomes an all-day, staff-wide "learn-as-you-go" edutainment seminar. Apart from that, the petroleum industry here is strictly 1970s. Half the pumps are for leaded gas, because cars are STILLbeing built hereto run it! The concept of "vapor recovery" doesn't exist outside of grampa's palinca 'still' in the basement... nozzles are 20-year-old bare metal pistols on single-plysupply hoses.

So I'm not hard on my Mustang for its quirks and complaints. Even if the FLI error gets chronic, the "liters used" still works and I can gauge my fillup times from that. Heck, I'm lucky the ol' girl doesn't try to run me off a cliff for what I make her put up with! But we're both troopers.

- K -
Old 02-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

^^^......wow, i guess makes me appreciate the service i get from my local dealer. it still aint great but it could always be worse. thanks for sharing. By the way, your problem may actually be what the display is indicating. try unplugging/replugging the battery. My problem was clearly the device attached to my stereo. I've been driving error free for about a year now. good luck with your car!