Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

College Kid Dream Come True- Got my brand new Stang today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:36 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: College Kid Dream Come True- Got my brand new Stang today!

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

Congrats on the new Stang!!! Welcome to MustangForums. A word of caution:don't listen to ANYBODY hear for advice - they are all Mod-aholics and will suck you into this demented obsession.
Man is THAT the truth! I think if I had stayed clear from this forum I wouldn't be spending so much on my car......but then again, where else can you meet folks who have the same passion as you?

Old 06-28-2007, 01:39 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: damitssam

After 3 precious years of a crappy beater, with much argumentation and convincing, my parents and I finally bought my dream car. A mustang v6 "premium coupe" with auto transmision plus some "interior/exterior" detailing all for $20k out the door price (i think dealer was selling right at invoice).

I can't wait for the storms over dallas to clear so I can really test "my baby". My bank balance hurts, only $9,000 left (paid with a cashiers check) , but hey, you live life only once right?

Color = bright red (my school colors (indiana university ) ) . does anyone live in the north? I know I will have to get snowtires but any other things i should do to protect my stang.

Btw, I think I am the only asian in town with a stang, talk about being white washed

I quite honestly think you canNOT get a better car for $20k then a mustang, you just can't. Its the american car, but cheaper then an accord!
You are absolutely right about not getting a better car for under 20K. Check out this link to Car & Driver Mag..... The 2007 Mustang V6 ranked #1 for quickest car!

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...stang-v-6.html
Old 06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Congrats on the new car. Great color choice!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:55 PM
damitssam

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! I was up all night playing around in the car! hahaha, mods will soon follow, they are tempting me. Must Resist!!

Insurance rate blows [:@] , $280 a month (im 18, i know a really young sophomore) with only 1 speeding violation. Anyone know if this is a "rip off" or is this "solid"? I could have paid $150 a month w/o collision or vandalism, but you can't let your baby be left uninsured.

Pics will be up soon [8D]!

Cheers,
Sam
Sam
Old 06-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i pay $70 a month. but i think its cuz i get a group deal with my other vehicles. as for modding, no need to worry too much about it yet. have a blast with your car at least for a couple months, get a feel for it, then look into mods. i think you will appreciate what the mods do for you even more once you realize how much of a difference they make. wish i had 9K in my bank! i could pay some nagging bills and get my gears and t-lock [8D] WELCOME TO MF! this place has been great for me. GOOD LUCK WITH THE STANG!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:03 PM
xTato
1st Gear Member

Welcome to MF!!! congrats on the new car! Now get modding!!! Trust me totally worth doing a lil bit to it. Must get tune and CAI! will make your car a completly diff vehical. And dont listen to these guys about blowing it. take it the N/A route we need to see someone soup it up that way and see the gains! Get the dual exhaust then new heads and cam!. and of course the t-lok and 4.10's. Then you will be leavin all sorts of cars in your dust. But anyway welcome and enjoy the new stang!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Wisconsin 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Welcome
You paid cash....far out. It's truely your car.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:14 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Congrats, i know exactly how you feel!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
UMTerp2010
2nd Gear Member

yeah man congrats, im a college student as well and was stoked and could hardly believe it when i got one. have fun with it.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:51 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UMTerp2010

yeah man congrats, im a college student as well and was stoked and could hardly believe it when i got one. have fun with it.
I'm well over the college age and then some and can tell you that I didn't sleep at all the night I brought my Mustang home. This is my second Mustang but for some reason I am more excited about this car.

Quick Reply: College Kid Dream Come True- Got my brand new Stang today!