Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

damn brits knocking our cars!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:48 AM
besam
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: damn brits knocking our cars!!

man i wish they would have gotten their asses whooped, they went looking for trouble and then when they got in to it they acted like pussies
Old 06-30-2007, 03:28 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Ha-ha-ha-ha, kinda reminds me of the Chappelle's Show episode where Dave plays a black, blind white supremacist leader and they stop for gas while Dave's not in his Klan attire and gets treated like a black person would in certain areas of the southand he joins in in calling out the "unwanted" black person(him) at the gas station, leaving the local yokels scratching their licey heads..............
Old 06-30-2007, 04:56 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Who cares? Did you buy your cars to impress others or because you love it? I love my car and I didn't buy because I wanted to impress others. I could care less what anyone else says about my car as long as I love what I'm driving.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

they lie and make fun of american cars like crazy. I love how they use a chassis dyno to judge crank horsepower numbers and don't account for drivetrain powerloss....447rwhp=almost 500chp? no 447rwhp= about 515hp. and i love how he said they cost 35,000 lbs. That's over $70,000. Another bs review from top gear. Even in the z06 review, they praise it for its strongpoints throughout the whole episode, then at the end they say, "but this car is almost undrivable on the street, it is so rattly and uncomfortable, i would never buy one." Well i've been in 2 ls7 z06's and they were more comfortable than i expected. They never take price into account, they compare every aspect of the car (including interior and comfort) to a car that performs similarly in europe, and in almost every class, an american car dominates performance for the price range.
actually Ford don't sell the Mustang in the UK. All the Mustangs are imported and indeed cost upwards of 35K pounds/$70K - The British ppl get ripped off. Sadly that makes this affordable powerhouse not so affordable in the eyes of the reviewer. I agree though this is misleading and it should have been stated that in fact a GT is costing roughly 16K pounds/$32K.

Oh and btw I don't hate americans!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:06 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

Who cares? Did you buy your cars to impress others or because you love it? I love my car and I didn't buy because I wanted to impress others. I could care less what anyone else says about my car as long as I love what I'm driving.
I care when 80% of the people i know that are even moderate car enthusiasts watch this show. You know what all this bull**** means? The people that don't know what they are talking about and buy all this bull****, are FAAAAAARRR less likely to buy a mustang after watching this. It's like anti-ford advertising.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

I care when 80% of the people i know that are even moderate car enthusiasts watch this show. You know what all this bull**** means? The people that don't know what they are talking about and buy all this bull****, are FAAAAAARRR less likely to buy a mustang after watching this. It's like anti-ford advertising.
wait a minute...you think ppl actualy make their car choices based on a UK car show? I doubt that very much. Yes its a good show with some cool stuff and sarcasm (if you can handle it) but watch it to determine a purchase or form an opinion of an American car? nah - its apples and oranges my friend. Pick up motor trend, consumer reports, yahoo motors or whatever.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:42 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

Top Gear is a show to be watched for entertainment purposes only.

Fifth Gear is boring but much less biased and much more informational. Plus, they are better drivers.

And I'm surprised nobody's posted the clip where a Mustang GT races a Lotus Elise on the track, or when they raced a horse and a V6 auto convertible, which they called a GT repeatedly and talked about 300hp and 4.6L, around a circular track.

What about when they raced a Dodge pickup against an Ariel Atom?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:43 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I heard the new super duty just took mustang sales.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:23 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

wait a minute...you think ppl actualy make their car choices based on a UK car show? I doubt that very much. Yes its a good show with some cool stuff and sarcasm (if you can handle it) but watch it to determine a purchase or form an opinion of an American car? nah - its apples and oranges my friend. Pick up motor trend, consumer reports, yahoo motors or whatever.
i think...in fact i KNOW people form opinions about a car from information they get from media sources (that they would THINK is factual) such as all the magazines, and tv shows, like top gear. I gauruntee for a week or two after that episode aired, people on the net that didn't know **** about cars were saying, "well i heard the gt500 is over rated and only makes around 440 hp" You think someone on the fence between a gt500 and something else is gonna still want to buy that gt500 when they think they are getting ripped off? nope. You think some of the rich *** guys that aren't even car enthusiasts that wanted z06's just for one of their summer cars said, "ahhh see that's why i want that car!" when the top gear folks said "it isn't even drivable on the street because it is so uncomfortable"? It's like negative advertising for american cars. They never point out flaws of european cars, and most of the time they dont point out flaws of asian cars, at least not to that extent.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:23 PM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

Don't take Top Gear too seriously guys!! Just for the record they don't just bash Ford's..they knock just about everything...maybe Ford became their favourite when MG went bust. As was said earlier Top Gear is for entertainment only.

Oh btw, I don't hate Americans either.

Quick Reply: damn brits knocking our cars!!