Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

can u disable passanger seatbelt chime?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: can u disable passanger seatbelt chime?

I disabled it its in the manual you have to buckle and unbuckle it a couple of times.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

ok.. for all of u... i wear my seatbelt all the time but not all my passangers want to wear it and i would rather not force them to wear it... so they will be sitting there and be uncomfortable and its annoying when the chime goes off.

we got along fine all the years before the chime was implimented, lol... all i want to know how do 2 do is get rid of the stupid noise... lol

so basically buckle it and un buckling it a few times will stop it? at least for that ignition cycle....
Old 06-30-2007, 10:43 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

1. turn the key to the "on" position. do not start your car.
2. wait approx. 1 minute for the "fasten seatbelt" signal to turn off on the dash.
3. while sitting in the seat, buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times. the "fasten seatbelt" signal should start flashing.
4. while the "fasten seatbelt" signal is flashing, buckle and unbuckle 1 time.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:26 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

2. wait approx. 1 minute for the "fasten seatbelt" signal to turn off on the dash.
3. while sitting in the seat, buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times. the "fasten seatbelt" signal should start flashing.
Kick ***. I've always wanted that damn thing to shut up, now I know how! 9 times though? crap, that's a lot of clicking and unclicking. I'd probably look more stupid clicking and unclicking 9 times than just clicking it. I guess Ford is just gunna force me to buckle up...
Old 07-01-2007, 12:07 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basketballord

Kick ***. I've always wanted that damn thing to shut up, now I know how! 9 times though? crap, that's a lot of clicking and unclicking. I'd probably look more stupid clicking and unclicking 9 times than just clicking it. I guess Ford is just gunna force me to buckle up...
All you had to do is do a search on the forums to find it. It really wasn't hard to do.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yeah It was hilarious doing it, looked like a retard, LOL!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

haha.....sounds like a cheat code that you enter in video games. hahaha [8D]
Old 07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Maybe you should let your passengers be awareof this:

“CLICK IT OR TICKET”
FACT SHEET & TALKING POINTS

“Click It or Ticket” Launched to Boost Seat Belt Use – And to Save Lives

[*]
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2005, 15,294 passenger vehicle occupants died in traffic crashes between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 5:59 a.m. [/ul]
[*]
Fifty-nine percent of those killed were NOT wearing their seat belts at the time of the crash. That percentage is considerably higher than the 44 percent of passenger vehicle occupants who were unrestrained and killed during daytime hours. [/ul]
[*]
Regular seat belt use is the single most effective way to protect people and reduce fatalities in motor vehicle crashes. [/ul]
[*]
Nationally in 2005, 77 percent of the passenger vehicle occupants who were in a fatal crash and who were buckled up, survived the crash. [/ul]
[*]
When worn correctly, seat belts have proven to reduce the risk of fatal injury to front-seat passenger car occupants by 45 percent – and by 60 percent in pickup trucks, SUVs and mini-vans. [/ul]
Old 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

I feel like I'm back in grade school, being scolded for not wanting to wear my seatbelt every time I hop in my car.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

Good thing to know, actually (how to disable it, I already knew a lot of people died because of not wearing them, which is why I wear mine all the time. ) I always tell people to just sit down, strap in, and shut up. If they don't strap in, just stop real hard once; a quick head butt into the dash/windshield is garanteed fun and all the convincing they need.[sm=lildevil.gif]

Quick Reply: can u disable passanger seatbelt chime?