Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Gauges on v6

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 10:15 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

Default GT Gauges on v6

Hey guys I know that on the GT gauges the top speed goes to 140mph instead of 120mph but thats not what I care about considering the v6 can only reach 118 or can that be changed? But what I want is the gas nileage thing that tells you how many miles left til empty, i reallllly want that. Is theree any way to get it on the v6?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:20 PM
birdoffire7
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT Gauges on v6

Yes. It is available on the V6 as part of the Interior Upgrade Package with the 120MPH speedo. It's also referred to as the "My Color" dash deal. My V6 had it as well as my current GT. There is a how to floating around here with the info, I've seen it. Search for it or maybe someone who knows where it is will post the link. Good luck!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:30 AM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

can i buy one tho?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:49 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

I saw that thread a few months or so ago. Yes, people were buying it.
My color, info center, 2 more gauges.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:54 AM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

lol do you guys by any chance know where to find this thread. i have looked for an hour and havnt come close to finding it
Old 07-01-2007, 10:04 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ok ill help out too! first off i was one of the first to do this back in april of 05 and i love it. i dont play with the colors much any more but i do use all of the other features that the cluster has. miles till empty, Average MPG, Average MPH, Trip Time, Trunk Ajar, Door Ajar, Security Event happened, crap i know im missing somthing. plus the oil and amp gauges. here is what i know. first off when i did this it was so new i actually did it with my friend. he is the head machanic at the dealership that i go to. so i ordered the parts from him. Ed is a great resourse for this stuff i have talked to him many times regarding this stuff and he is very helpful. a few things to remember when ordering

1. they actually make 4 clusters. GT-MPH and GT-KPH and V6 MPH and V6 KPH so if you live outside of the USA you would prob want the KPH unit (kilomiters per mile).
2. i am not sure if anyone has ordered the GT unit for the V6 to get the 140 spedo but because we were not sure at the time last year i chose the v6 so i would not have any probs.
3. you have to give your miles because they send the new unit with the miles on it to match. i actually drove 1000 miles before the swap so i have a free 1000 mile on my warantee
4. you need to make sure your car can handel the upgrade. pop the blank cover off next to the cig lighter using a small flat screw driver and cloth to protect and the plug for the switch should be pluged into it. i have helped a few guys do this upgrade and have found that they made a harness change and on some cars if you dont have the tracion control or anti loc you may not have the wires to do the install (bummer i know) so check first!
5. as stated before i helped with the install because they didnt know what to do. funny thing is i got my car in feb of 05 so the gas tank , shaker and cluster were all firsts for my friend and since i have all the TSB's i actually new more about the stuff than him. so here ar a few things to do first if you dare! pop out the cover and install the switch quick and simple. then lower the stering wheel and if you grap it at the speedo and the Tach just pull it pops right out exposing the 4 10mm screws for the tech. that way he just has to hook up the computer and download and upload and swap . the whole thing takes like 20 min.
6. ok after Am's coment about the flash i called my bud and asked him, he said that ford may have changed the module on the new units and it just might work. so if you get the parts go ahead and try it the worst that can happen is you put the old cluster back and go to the dealer. so go for it it could save you 80 bucks. i didnt have to pay anyway cause of my bud so give it a try.
7. i have posted the cluster removal pdf and cluster diff link bellow if anyone wants it. it is a real easy mod and i love the extra's so enjoy.

i hope i didnt ramble to much and hope this helps

cluster differance info
cluster removal
Tom
Old 07-01-2007, 10:10 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

oooo, wonder if i can do that to my 04? lol, afixer! how the hell are ya?

not hijacking, just a quick hi

so whats so special about this anyways? can u just look at the gas tack to see how much gas u have left? just a thought[&:]
Old 07-01-2007, 10:17 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V6MustangKnight

oooo, wonder if i can do that to my 04? lol, afixer! how the hell are ya?

not hijacking, just a quick hi

so whats so special about this anyways? can u just look at the gas tack to see how much gas u have left? just a thought[&:]
pretty good thanks

sorry i have been away im in montreal canada prepping to start shooting Deathrace. its a much better remake of a very campy movie. and you guys will be very happy to know the new stang is alive and well in 2020