Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Any more mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:12 AM
ToXiC.STanG

Default Any more mods?

Aside from appearance mods, is there anything else that can be added to a lease? I already have the basic bolt on upgrades (CAI and tuner, new exhaust). I don't believethereareany more bolt ons available to add, so what other performance mods are available, that won't cost me a fortune to add and possibly remove later? Any suggestions would be helpful, however unlikely they may seem. BTW pics coming soon (Just washed the stang yesterday).
Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Any more mods?

Sorry to say! But there's over a hundred real mods for our cars.
Some: super/turbo, lca/ucl, udp, headers, PH driveshaft, gears & t-loks, TQ converter, dual pipes, cai & tuner, brake upgrades and much more.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 AM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

have to agree with Denny on that as far as performance mods.
You also have apperance mods: bodykit, suspension, wheels, tint, hoodscoop, louvers etc
interior mods: seats, gauges, shifter, ac controls, audio system etc
Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Ya man Deny hit it on the head big time here. There is tons of stuff you can do. You have just scratched the surface.
There UDP's also and well .......Denny got it....

Go do the rear end...you won't be sorry.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:52 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Problem is I think he is looking for things he can do himself because he is LEASING the vehicle. Sucks when you want to do mods to a vehicle that you are leasing. That's why I always buy the vehicle.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

TOXIC, I'm in the same boat as you brother. I have done everything i can to my lease that is easy take off at the end. I think we have hit a road block!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

I'm not trying to be nasty, but if you (like) the car, than just drive it.
But, if you love the car, than run out right now and cancel that lease out right now, and buy that sweet *itch right now. You will not be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________________________________________ ___
My next mod will be: *ProCharger*/Vortech or Just Dual w/x pipes, udp and Tq Converter.

ps: I know if I go F/I, the pulley is a waste, but I need a hit, really bad. I'M A JUNKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:23 PM
ToXiC.STanG

ORIGINAL: Denny Carlton

But, if you love the car, than run out right now and cancel that lease out right now, and buy that sweet *itch right now. You will not be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!
My next mod will be: *ProCharger*/Vortech or Just Dual w/x pipes, udp and Tq Converter.

ps: I know if I go F/I, the pulley is a waste, but I need a hit, really bad. I'M A JUNKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do love it, but I dont know about buying it. I was thinking about it, but the thing is, new/cooler features may come out in the mustang later. Also, I'm kind of using the six as a stepping stone to maybe getting an eight later on (3 year lease). If I can afford it, I'll probably get a gt after this lease is up, but that doesnt mean that I have to keep this stock while I have it. Dont know about any more performance mods, but I was thinking about maybe getting a brushed aluminum fuel door cover and tinting the windows next. I'd like to go straight performance mods first, but what else could I get that wouldn't burn an extremely large hole in my pocket to put on and later take off?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Denny Carlton

would of bought it, but it was a lot cheaper for me to do a lease on the mustang....sorry i didnt have the money and didnt want to go buy a honda?
and yes i will be sorry, I will be in debt! as much as I love the mustang, finances come first.
sorry to be devils advocate but okay...maybe in your situation it would work out!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:33 AM
ToXiC.STanG

Imcurrently thinking about gettingathrottle body spacer and either an alternator pulley, or underdrive pulley, but not both (From what I understand, installing both yields no gains). Im definately set on the throttle body spacer, should be about only $100 or less and yield at least a 5 hp gain, especially with a CAI (Ive seen 10 HP gains advertised, but I doubt it). Im still trying to decide between an underdrive pulley and an alternator pulley. I havent seen a price on an alternator pulley, and about $230 for an underdrive pulley. My question is has anybody seen a price on an alternator pulley, and should I go for that, or an underdrive pulley instead?