Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

street scene speed grille problems HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:53 PM
machina
1st Gear Member

Default street scene speed grille problems HELP!!

hey all. i finally got everything i need to slap this baby on and i'm hoping to do it by tonight (hopefully). I'm having some problems mounting the GT Takeoff fogs onto this thing do. the bracket holes seem to not properly match up with the mounting bumps.. (also, there's no holes in the bumps for the screws on the grille.. do i need to just drill 'em in?) i was also wondering how i could get my CDC tribar pony emblem to mount more securely? any help to get the fogs on is well appreciated. thanks!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:26 AM
machina
1st Gear Member

Default RE: street scene speed grille problems HELP!!

also, the lights already have the bulb/plug for wiring, could i just use the wiring for my pony package lights to hook up to these? help please!! THANKS!!
Old 07-04-2007, 03:38 AM
machina
1st Gear Member

anyone?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

OK, as far as the grille goes, you will have to cut off a few of the grille tabs. When you hold it up into position, you will see that some of the tabs in the bottom row don't line up, these have to go. Don't cut the ones on the sides. It is going to be a real b*tch getting that thing in. Undo those two screws that you were referring to and loosen the bumper cover in those places. This will give you a tiny bit of clearance that you will desperately need. Hook one side of the grille first then do the other. I found it helpful to put a small board behind the center of the grille. This allowed me to bend the grille slightly to approximate the contour of the original V6 grille. Unless I'm mistaken the two screws don't go through the grille only the bumper cover. I don't remember having to drill those in on the GT grille. After getting my GT grille in, I wound up removing it anyway. Just the fact that it took so much force to get itinto place let me know that the installation was really WRONG. I got an aftermarket and it dropped right in, it was sweet!
As far as your wiring is concerned, you should be able to cut off thesockets on your pony package and butt splice the new ones that came with your GT grille. If you don't need the sockets off of the pony grille, PM me, I can use a set. Let me know how much you want for them.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:50 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

holly crap ! talk about wrong info. fist off the street scene grill should have had the holes . which one did you get? as far as the lights go the bumps as you call them should be the same. mine lined right up. there is a left and a right and up and down. also the pony harness has the gt plug built in . when you unplug the lights look close you will notice an adapter pluged into it to harness. it adaptes to the pony light. you can pm me if you want . i am working in montreal on a show but i will try to answer if i can. also call street scene and ask for tony tell him you a friend of mone and he should help answer your questions. he is the tech guy there. they used my car as the prototype so im pretty up on the grill.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:28 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: 68XR7

OK, as far as the grille goes, you will have to cut off a few of the grille tabs. When you hold it up into position, you will see that some of the tabs in the bottom row don't line up, these have to go. Don't cut the ones on the sides. It is going to be a real b*tch getting that thing in. Undo those two screws that you were referring to and loosen the bumper cover in those places. This will give you a tiny bit of clearance that you will desperately need. Hook one side of the grille first then do the other. I found it helpful to put a small board behind the center of the grille. This allowed me to bend the grille slightly to approximate the contour of the original V6 grille. Unless I'm mistaken the two screws don't go through the grille only the bumper cover. I don't remember having to drill those in on the GT grille. After getting my GT grille in, I wound up removing it anyway. Just the fact that it took so much force to get itinto place let me know that the installation was really WRONG. I got an aftermarket and it dropped right in, it was sweet!
As far as your wiring is concerned, you should be able to cut off thesockets on your pony package and butt splice the new ones that came with your GT grille. If you don't need the sockets off of the pony grille, PM me, I can use a set. Let me know how much you want for them.
WRONG INFO
This guy is talking about a StreetScene grill for a V6, not a GT takeoff. WTF.[&o]
Contact your vendor about the no holes.
4 bottom tabs = GTFacia
5 bottom tabs = V6 Facia
Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

I got your PM man but like I said, I bought mine from a private party with the fogs attached already. Afixer knows for sure, I'd listen to whatever he says.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:28 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

I think if you will actually read what I've written you will find that I have described the process of installing a GT takeoff grille. Then later going to the Street Scene grille. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.There is a difference in the mounting tab on the GT takeoff grille, they are not the same as the tabs on the V6 bumper. As far as the adapters on the Pony grille is concerned, I didn't realize that the sockets would accept more than one type of bulb. That should be helpful to this guy. I have not had the pleasure of working with the factory Pony wiring.The GT takeoffgrille uses a 9005 type bulb the Pony does not. Thank you for that information.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:14 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: 68XR7

The GT takeoffgrille uses a 9005 type bulb the Pony does not. Thank you for that information.
Wrong yet again.
The GT takes a 9145 bulb not a 9005
type bulbas you state 68XR7.
The pony uses a H11 bulb.
Its in the owners manual.
I thought the connectors were the same
just a different bulb style.