Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang envy

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Sarge_13
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang envy

My brother drives a MKV Jetta (2007) and I absolutely hate driving it. Sure its a nice car but I just love the looks compliments I get in the Mustang.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Ya I have seen a few folks on here (mostly GT owners) who love to bash our cars. They say things like, "I hate the spoiler, the car is so slow, etc., etc." Sometimes they say we make excuses for purchasing a V6 rather than a real car like the V8. What they fell to understand is, the car is basically the same except for the engine.

I paid cash for my car.....it is paid for, I bet that is something very few GT owners can claim.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Everyone buys a car for a different reason, we all have different tastes, thoughts, feelings etc. In very few instances can you actually fault someone for what the think looks good. I hear it all the time, "ford is crappy, they are junk, etc etc" Yet, I have had mostly Ford vehicles my entire life without a problem. My wife drives a 2007 Ford Edge, and it is an awesome vehicle. Since we got the Edge first, I told my wife that I wanted to get a mustang. We went to the dealer and I could have bought anything from a 2007 Shelby 500GT down to a 5speed cloth V6. While I would have loved to drive out with a Shelby 500GT, it came down to actually using my head to pick out a new car.

This was going to be my daily driver, do I really want to put 50-60 miles a day on a Shelby? No. Do I want to spend all that extra money in gas, car payment? No. It was a no brainer to me, I get the car I want, plus I keep reasonable gas mileage, with all the options. (V6 Premium with interior upgrade, leather, spoiler, shaker 500, auto.)

Now if I didn't have to worry about things like gas mileage, then I would have gotten a GT. But when you start to put alot of other details in the mix, it was the smart thing to do, and I don't care if you have a Shelby, GT, or Yugo, you can not fault me or slam me for getting a V6 because it was my choice, not yours

Also, I am 33 and my wife drives the 4 door, grocery, utility, (and someday kid picker upper) so why not get my a little bit of American Muscle. All the fun is not just for the younger crowd
Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Hey, lots of single guys and gals are driving Mustang GT's, stock 4.0, MustangPony Package, and the Edge too ;-). I've seen plenty of singles driving the Edge lately. Pretty cool crossover! I like it.
Love my Pony! She's gonna get xc'd pretty soon too ;-). Yeeeeehaaaa! Giddyuplil pony!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Hey, lots of single guys and gals are driving Mustang GT's, stock 4.0, MustangPony Package, and the Edge too ;-). I've seen plenty of singles driving the Edge lately. Pretty cool crossover! I like it.
Love my Pony! She's gonna get xc'd pretty soon too ;-). Yeeeeehaaaa! Giddyuplil pony!

Hey wolfey2K, are ya waiting for the warranty to run out first, before you XC it?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Hey wolfey2K, are ya waiting for the warranty to run out first, before you XC it?
Nah, if the engine or tranny or rear end blows I'll have to eat it anyway so what the heck eh? My bad, I eat it. Simple as that.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:29 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Yeah the guys at the shop that installed my duals want me to put a Paxton in it. They build race cars and I'm sure they could handle the job, but for now this engine will do. Maybe on down the road I may invest in more hp.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:39 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Yah, I hear that!
I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with a nicescrew charger mounted neatly and cleanly on top of my engine. That paxton has more potential than an xc but I'll be happy with what, an extra125 HP!
Giddyup baby!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:05 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Last night as my husband and I were loading groceries in my mustang, I said out loud.....
<smirk> " this is just wrong.......<chuckle> this is just wrong....
My little stang is a grocery getter !!! " I LOVE my car ! I fit more groceries in the trunk then in my 05 Jeep Liberty ( which I traded in to get the mustang ). $200.00 bucks worth of groceries AND the Ford table and chair set I won at the Michigan Mustang show. Another thing, I have a 15 yr old girl and a 13 yr old boy, and they fit perfectly in the back. BTW...my daughter can't WAIT to get the keys to my car.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:16 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theresa

Last night as my husband and I were loading groceries in my mustang, I said out loud.....
<smirk> " this is just wrong.......<chuckle> this is just wrong....
My little stang is a grocery getter !!! " I LOVE my car ! I fit more groceries in the trunk then in my 05 Jeep Liberty ( which I traded in to get the mustang ). $200.00 bucks worth of groceries AND the Ford table and chair set I won at the Michigan Mustang show. Another thing, I have a 15 yr old girl and a 13 yr old boy, and they fit perfectly in the back. BTW...my daughter can't WAIT to get the keys to my car.
Theresa, is your car auto? I have a 17 year old daughter and that's why I got stick. She was upset at first until I bought her a Focus. Now my son who is only 11, can't wait to get his license....Good Lord!

Quick Reply: Mustang envy