Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Default Exhaust

Ok...I recently bought the Pypes Street Pro Axelback. It's been breaking in, sounding better, but still a little ricey. I just want to hear some opinions on other exhuasts, such as the MRT Aero Turbine, Flowmaster, or the Borla Stingers.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust

not sure about the ones you mentioned but my JBA's are all-american sound no doubt.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

i have custom dual flowmasters, and i get so many people that come up to me and ask it its a GT because #1 i got dual exhaust, and #2 it sounds like one. Also people have told me that it sounds better than a GT. So i would go with flowmasters. They are the bomb.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:07 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

If you don't like your pypes you won't like the MRT either for the same reasons. It's impossible to make a 6 sound like an 8.
I have a GT take off that sounds great I will be going to dual GT's soon. I recomend the GT take off's cause
1) the sound great without being obnoxiuos 2) they are cheap 3) They don't sound ricey
Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I had my MRT next too a GT takeoff and my MRT made the GT takeoff sound like air blowing through a straw....If you don't like the pypes then I doubt youll like the MRT....I say go flows. But I love my MRT, after a year and a brenspeed tune it sounds amazing.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

If you think loud and ricey sound good then MRT is for you. As you can see there are lots of guys that love that.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:32 PM
boudreaux
1st Gear Member

I was about 5 minutes away from ordering a single MRTAero Turbine for my 07 (no mods yet) because everyone, even the guy at MRThad told me they DIDNT sound ricey.....were they wrong?

I want good sound and the last thing I want is to sound ricey...anyone had experience with the Aero Turbines? Was I lied to? And if so, what single doesnt sound ricey?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:44 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banka87

Ok...I recently bought the Pypes Street Pro Axelback. It's been breaking in, sounding better, but still a little ricey. I just want to hear some opinions on other exhuasts, such as the MRT Aero Turbine, Flowmaster, or the Borla Stingers.

Thanks
Never heard a single Street Pro.

I have duals.

Light throttle they are extremely deep sounding.

Above 3000 RPM they howl like a Ferrari Dino (also a V6)...

Here is a little example of rumble: http://media.putfile.com/SOHCman-Rat...ws-at-2000-RPM

Interior 0-60: http://media.putfile.com/0-60-2006-M...t-Pro-Mufflers

Exterior 0-80: http://media.putfile.com/SOHCman-Pypes-Acceleration

Idle NEW: http://media.putfile.com/SOHCman---2...nd-Street-Pros

Idle after break-in: http://media.putfile.com/SOHCman-Pyp...er-8k-Break-In

I don't think single exhausts sound as good as duals.

But, the ARE better than STOCK!!

The rest of vids are below...

SOHC
Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 AM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: boudreaux

I was about 5 minutes away from ordering a single MRTAero Turbine for my 07 (no mods yet) because everyone, even the guy at MRThad told me they DIDNT sound ricey.....were they wrong?

I want good sound and the last thing I want is to sound ricey...anyone had experience with the Aero Turbines? Was I lied to? And if so, what single doesnt sound ricey?
The guy at MRT wants to sell mufflers! If you really want one wait for someone here to sell oneas I did cause it sounds ricey you'll get if for much less and won't feel as bad when you'll want to sell it.
I think GT take offs are the best option.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: pperin

If you don't like your pypes you won't like the MRT either for the same reasons. It's impossible to make a 6 sound like an 8.
I have a GT take off that sounds great I will be going to dual GT's soon. I recomend the GT take off's cause
1) the sound great without being obnoxiuos 2) they are cheap 3) They don't sound ricey
As much as I hate to do it -

+1

On my coupe, I have dual GT take-offs with a Ford X-pipe, and I LOVE how it sounds. Yes, next to a MRT it sounds quiet, but it certainly is better than stock. It sounds more European than anything else I can describe. Certainly not ricey by any means...

Quick Reply: Exhaust