Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MY Color

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default MY Color

I bought my 07 PP on July, 28 2006. I was able to find one exactly like I wanted, with all the options I wanted, minus the MY COLOR feature. I realize this comes with the Interior Upgrade Package, but in all honesty I do not like all the satin accents, shifter, etc. I was wondering if there was anyway, even if I have to go to my dealer friend, that a person could get MY COLOR feature added at this point, when the car is one year old. All feedback will be welcomed, and be patient as this is my first post! Thank You

PS- I dont have the 6 gauge cluster w/ msg center, Ive notice this option only on that arrangement. Mine is 4 gauge layout and ive never seen MY COLOR onthis style. Wondering if it could even be possible.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:51 PM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MY Color

Not sure if you can get the My color without the upgrade package, I have it because it was on the car, i would have save the $460on the package but I am happy with the upgarded appearence over stock at this point. That said, I think the My color is over rated, its nice to choose a color you want but its not like I change it often/at all. To each his own but if you dont like the other features of the IUP I dont think its worth the $$ just for the my color feature.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:55 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i added the mycolor a month after i got her in 05 its easy. pull the cover out to the left of the power plug on the center above the radio. if you have wires pluged into the cover its a snap.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

i added the mycolor a month after i got her in 05 its easy. pull the cover out to the left of the power plug on the center above the radio. if you have wires pluged into the cover its a snap.

I was thinking maybe the wiring harness would be in all the cars, so as the lights, as to make assembley more efficient. Do you have the 6 or 4 gauge cluster?? and what about your switch, and was that all you had to install?? Thanks for all the information
Old 07-16-2007, 09:36 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

all my color clusters are the 6 set speedo,tach, amp,fuel,water and oil. the only dif is 140 or 120 speedo and miles or kilo's depending on where you live. i went with the MPH 120 speedo vertion. but some that feel the need for a highter speedo(like they will ever need it) went with the 140 unit. but some have had probs regarding the tach and speedo because its for the v8 not the 6. so its up to you . the 120 unit is plug and play the dealer can swap it out in under a half hour. the 140 unit requires alittle more tweeking with the cunfuser. many of us have done it. it comes with all the updated features . trip hours and miles miles till empty door/trunk ajar and such. the clusted and switch are all you need they are about 300 bucks depending on where you get them . and depending on the deale its about 75 to install. i have a ford mech and he and i did it . so i didnt have to pay. you are suppose to download info and reset the modual. but some have done it without that. i myself would not recomend it with all the electronics on these new cars its just not smart to skimp. you wil love the cluster. i use all the features all the time. i barely use the my color i manly wanted the added features of the cluster.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Thanks alot man, exactly what I was needing to know.Im gonna call my dealer today and quote those parts. Im a mechanic myself and installation shouldnt be a problem except the computer flash if neccessary. Did you order your 6 gauge assembly and switch from dealer or factory take-off? and was the wiring harness for my color swtich in your car even with the 4 gauge assembly....sorry for more questions but these should finish me up on this...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:39 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

the best way is to order from the dealer or same. you need to give them the milage they load the milage onto the cluster. basicly its one plug inthe back of the cluster. pop off the blank cover and you will see if the wires are there . sorry for the delays but im in montreal working on a movie and i only check in from time to time. there are a couple of dealers that give deals on the cluster. all the plugs are the same there were only a few months in 05 that didnt have the wires in the harness. do a search under updated cluster or mycolor. and you should find the dealer. one is in washington. his name is ed he has helped lots of guys here.