Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

fake shelby or bad driver?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 06:16 PM
machina
1st Gear Member

Default fake shelby or bad driver?

so late last night after a trip to the gym, i'm driving and make a right onto a main street and i could see some kind of mustang coming up behind me, and when he catches sight of me he floors it so i decide to as well (the street was practically empty at this hour). I kept up with him till we were able to get to a stoplight. and to my surprise, i looked at his rocker stripe and it said "Shelby GT-H" and that's when i noticed his gold stripes hugging his black stang all around. We went at it one more time from a dig and I took him from the start and pulled away about a car and a halfs length. He waved as he drove by but from the rear, it looked like it wasn't a real shelby. Maybe a souped up 6 to look like a shelby? He had all the badges and everything but, I know there's no way I could've kept up with one of those, bad driver or not. Was this a fake??
Old 07-15-2007, 06:48 PM
takotruckin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: fake shelby or bad driver?

the gt-h is the hertz rental stang. i think its a gt with a cai/exhaust. so not quite a real shelby, and probably a horrible driver
Old 07-15-2007, 08:35 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

the gt-h is the hertz rental stang. i think its a gt with a cai/exhaust. so not quite a real shelby, and probably a horrible driver
Ya the GT-H is the Hertz rental stange. But they are all auto's. lol if not then all of them will be coming back with a burned out clutch. So all he really had to do was step on the gas...

my guess is that he didn't do that....idk I maybe wrong.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:10 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Cosign w/ Viperrmk...But there is an optional manual version. But here are some facts from Automotive magazine...Oct. 2006.

The only difference is that it has the Ford Racing intake and exaust.
It only has 25 more horsepower than the GT
Therewere only 500 made for Hertz
The daily rate is $170.60
Old 07-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Timeyer

Not only are they $170 a day, after insurance and miles, they run closer to $400. Motor Trend or Car and Driver rented three or four, and they all cost >$400/day.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Ouch^ Yep, that's flat rate but its also gonna cost you $0.39 for each additional mile after the first 75 miles.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:39 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

I am going to be that he wasnt racing, unless you have some kind of power adder. Those, according to the books, have 115hp on our stock cars
Old 07-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

yeah unless you have a major power adder on the 6, you honestly don't stand a chance....I am not bashing the 6 I have had two 2006 v6 i just know there is no way you would have stayed up w/him or her if they stepped on it
Old 07-16-2007, 01:32 AM
besam
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

yeah unless you have a major power adder on the 6, you honestly don't stand a chance....I am not bashing the 6 I have had two 2006 v6 i just know there is no way you would have stayed up w/him or her if they stepped on it

what???? no way thats like 45% less than crank, i thought it was more like 10-15%
Old 07-16-2007, 01:07 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

the cars were originally said to have 325 HP but they really don't. if you look at the shelby GT it's rated at 319 at the crank because they use the stock MAF housing but just have the air filter and an exhaust and it's the same set up as the GT/H (i think i read that in motor trend). i highly doubt the guy tried to race you. if he had a bad start, he should have pulled right away and left you in the dust.

Quick Reply: fake shelby or bad driver?