Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ordered Gloss Black wide hood stripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:46 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default Ordered Gloss Black wide hood stripes

Just ordered a set of gloss black wide hood stripes for my Tungsten Grey coupe. Does anyone who has installed them have any tips or suggestions that might make the installation go easier. Anyone have the gloss black wide hood stripes on a Tungsten Grey car? If so can you show me the pictures.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:05 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Ordered Gloss Black wide hood stripes

Take them out of the cylinder IMMEDIATELY and unroll them flat on a table for a few days. I left mine in the tube, and both ended up with a small crease in the same spot that did not come out after they dried. Use plenty of solution, and tape the center front part of the hood for proper alignment. My passenger side cutout for the windshield washer nozzle did not line up 100%, so don't assume that if you have the stripe lined up over the hole that the stripe is in the right position.

Here's the final result (they're Slate Metallic) -

Old 07-22-2007, 05:47 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the tips. I probably would have left the stripes in the tube until I was ready to install them. As you mentioned I was planning on using the windshield washer nozzel hole to align the stripes. I will watch out for that problem. That said, your's sure came out looking great. That color is subtle but very nice on your car. Thanks again for the heads up on the installation.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:15 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Was it easy to get all the bubbles out of the installed stripes? A friend had his stripes installed for him and there was some problem with bubbles. After leaving the car in the sun for a couple of days they seem to have gone away. He said you might have to pop the bubbles with a pin to allow moisture to escape. Did you have any of those problems? I had planned on having the hood painted but my wife suggested the stripes so we can remove them if we don't like them or return the car to stock before selling it.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Shazam

Originally Posted by 28HopUp
Take them out of the cylinder IMMEDIATELY and unroll them flat on a table for a few days. I left mine in the tube, and both ended up with a small crease in the same spot that did not come out after they dried. Use plenty of solution, and tape the center front part of the hood for proper alignment. My passenger side cutout for the windshield washer nozzle did not line up 100%, so don't assume that if you have the stripe lined up over the hole that the stripe is in the right position.

Hi, I was just curious where you purchased those wide hood stripes? I really like the way they look. I'm familiar with the wide hood stripes sold from Geaphic Express, but your wide stripes don't look like they came as far down to the grille as theirs do, which I like, AND the pinstripes on yours look a bit wider than theirs, which I also prefer. If cam remember and pass along the info to me I'd be much obliged. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 AM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 28HopUp

What he said ..... I ended up with a small crease like defect in middle of my roof stripes same way, thank goodness hood came out OK. I can live with the small defect, no one but no one has noticed it, but I know ..... maybe come Spring I'll replace roof parts.

I bought the stuff and mixed my solution in a clean gallon jug and used a new spray bottle, use a lot! I used near 1/3 gallon doing mine.

Be patient with small tiny bubbles, time in the sun, a few days, they get better.