Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Wax on

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Default Wax on

Have not noticed this on here and since it is that time of the year when we all want to show off our Ponys, then I thought a discussion on what wax is the best would be helpful to ensure we all look our best as we make all others envy us. Also might do to have so hints on how you detail parts of yur car like the wheels and such.

I just got finsihed using ICE wax on mine and I am loving it. The shine is so deep and makes it painful to look at in full sunlight. I also got a kit of cleaning supplies for the local Sears car area, it is made by ArmorAll and it has some great cleaner for the wheels and tires.

Driving my car down the road the other day, after I finshed cleaning her, and a guy pulled up next to me on a beautiful bike. He looked my baby over like she was a hottie at a party, gave me a thumbs up and pulled off doing a wheelie. That same day I was waiting for my wife at the store and a woman came out with a empolyee pushing her cart and both of them were so busy looking at my beauty that they both walk right into a parked car. I am not joking, right into it. She looks better then the day she came off the lone.

So now what does everyong else use and what should we not use?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Wax on

Here is the best detailing advice I can give. Do not use "wheel cleaner" products of any brand. The acidic ingredient thatbrings offbrake dust will eventuallydestroy aluminum wheels and damage the paint as I noticed your running 17" painted bullits. If your like me your wheels arent ever dirty enough that your quality car soap wont bring it off. As for wax ICE is a good product so is Gold Class by meguairs.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

NXT or Gold Class wax by meguairs ftw. check out the detailing section on the main page for more info. i am sure there are a ton of these threads there.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:45 PM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

NXT Generation by Meguiars keeps my baby looking good - again though I've heard lots of good things about the ICE polish.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:23 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

http://www.chemicalguys.com/best_car_wax_p/wac_104.htm

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Express_Wax_p/wac_101.htm

and

http://www.chemicalguys.com/product_p/wac_102.htm

You can get small sizes too.. waxes are outstanding. ICE is good.. but it's not a wax.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:45 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

mothers carnuba
Old 07-23-2007, 08:22 PM
takotruckin
2nd Gear Member

meguiars # 26 hi-tech yellow wax is what i am using now, and really like it. its a carnuba base, with polymers added to it, it is a "professional grade", not consumer, and is still available near anywhere. In my opinion, NXT sucks, sure it IS the easiest to use, but it just plain doesn't last. it stopped beading in under 3 weeks.

fwiw, im also going to start using duragloss aquawax after ever other wash.

go here for all the detailing info you never wanted to know

http://autopia.org/forum/
Old 07-23-2007, 08:29 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I like using NXT, Gold Class as well as Meguiar's detail sprays. For my rims I use Turtle Wax car soap. For the tires I spray 303 protectant on them. It keeps the dust and dirt from collecting on the tires like other products do. 303 is great for the vinyl stripe as well.
Here'sa picture of my hood;

Old 07-24-2007, 12:37 PM
MyFirstPony
1st Gear Member

Meguiar's NXT wax, Ulitmate Quick Detailer, and Smooth Surface Clay.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

here is a picture from my other post....

I used Turtlewax Synthetic Paste & Liquid Claybar

Quick Reply: Wax on