Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

mistreated at the car wash

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: mistreated at the car wash

I have never taken my car in for others to wash it. Why should I when I can do it myself and KNOW what has been done with it. Some may think it a chore to clean their Mustangs, but I love to get outside and clean my car.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:15 PM
05Sixxer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: takotruckin

are you guys telling me that if you were a young guy (16-20) working at a car wash, and a badass car came through, that you wouldnt hit the gas a couple of times? give me a break, they just wanted to hear the beast, its not like the pulled a ferris buellers day off in the thing.
Seriously, that "Badass Car" is someones pride and joy. I wouldnt want some jerkoff in his teens who still rides a bike jamming my pedal to the floor. You should have walked outside bitched slapped the one reving, and his friend for watching and drove off. And if they wanted to hear the beast, they could have ask THE OWNER, you know the guy who makes the payments? To rev the engine.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i would have walked over there and just gave them the " im gonna kill you" stare. i agree with what some of the guys say to a certain degree. if i worked at a carwash and a badass car came through, i would ask the guy to rev it if anything, doin that **** urself is just disrespectfull. i would have backhanded that motha.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:27 PM
05Sixxer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

i would have walked over there and just gave them the " im gonna kill you" stare. i agree with what some of the guys say to a certain degree. if i worked at a carwash and a badass car came through, i would ask the guy to rev it if anything, doin that **** urself is just disrespectfull. i would have backhanded that motha.
Exactly, those who thinks it ok. Go to work for a carwash, wait for said "Badass car/Super Car" to pull up. Go and rev his engine, make sure he hears it. Let us know how that one turns out.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Exactly guys...thats what I was saying.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:41 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Has happened to me a few times before but they make my car look brand new everytime. So i dont really care a few light revs aren't gonna do anything if their pinging the rev limiter and everything thats something different.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: takotruckin

are you guys telling me that if you were a young guy (16-20) working at a car wash, and a badass car came through, that you wouldnt hit the gas a couple of times? give me a break, they just wanted to hear the beast, its not like the pulled a ferris buellers day off in the thing.

I used to work at a car wash here in Miami when i was 17 and i wouldn't have done that. Its just out of respect...you don't play aroundwith other people's cars. I mean, reving it up's not really a big deal but it shouldn't be done without the owner's permission (i've washed a few Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Aston Martins and they all let me rev it up, but i made sure to ask first...BTW, Lambo's sound niiiiice withBorlas!!)
Old 07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Worked at a car wash once. Babied everyones car because its the right thing to do.
Would not take my baby to a carwash ever. No one touches my car except the
stealership. And then I am never 10 feet away from it. Leave it overnight, I think
not.[:@]
Old 07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

yeah thats how i felt.. i wouldve been cool if they asked, but by them not asking and just doing it i just feel thats disrespect... playing around with someone elses property
Old 07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: proper

so yeah today decided to wash my stang... havent used it for the day so i drive to the local car wash which is like couple blocks away.... after they finished vacuming the interior... all of a sudden i heard a loud rev.. and i recongize my car and they were reving my engine! they prolly did it like 6 times! my friend said its bad to rev the engine especially when it hasnt been warmed up... i did like a 2 minute drive cuz the car wash was right there to my house... i was soo mad.. i didnt do anything cuz they probably wouldve messed with it more if i started a scene... never going to that car wash again!
I wouldn't go to ANY carwash. None of them are good, unless you want scratches in your paint.

Quick Reply: mistreated at the car wash