Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

4.0 Engine Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default 4.0 Engine Cover

I want to get engine cover for my 4.0 pony, but dont like the cheap looking one everyone carries. Has anyone tried to put the gt factory engine cover on the 4.0? Is it possible, and if it is how much would i have to modify. Id like to find out if it would work without shelling out the cash first and chancing wasting my money. Thanks for the info
Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.0 Engine Cover

www.midwestautogear.com
Old 07-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

yeah thanks for the link but you must not have understood my question. Both those covers are cheap looking if you ask me, and there must just be 1 manufacturer of those cause every site with em has the same one. I like the factory "Powered by Ford" engine cover with the pony. I was wanting to know if anyone has installed that plenum cover on the V6 4.0.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:52 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

I think it would be too big, on top of that, I believe that the air inlet housing is a different size on the GT's. A couple guys on here have bought covers from them, and were very satisfied. I also believe they make a very nice product.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

The Midwest covers actually look pretty good up close, really cleans up the engine bay. Just get one custom painted.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

well do you guys maybe know where I could find some different plenum covers for the V6....all the sites carry that same one midwest has, personally I dont like them, not so much the quality but the styling of it. I agree I could paint it alloy like my body color and make it look killer but Id like to see if there are more choices out there.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:08 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

well do you guys maybe know where I could find some different plenum covers for the V6....all the sites carry that same one midwest has, personally I dont like them, not so much the quality but the styling of it. I agree I could paint it alloy like my body color and make it look killer but Id like to see if there are more choices out there.
AFAIK they have the market on plenum covers...

Personally I have no problem with the quality...

Old 07-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Im sure the quality is good but they could put a lil more effort in design. Its just plain jane, even with paint its just a square looking boxey design. Generic might be the word
Old 07-26-2007, 03:42 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

BBK apparently makes plenums covers for the V6.
I've seen the GT version on v6mustangstuff, and I could have sworn I saw the V6 version on there too, but couldn't find it.
Anyhow; http://www.bbkperformance.com/products/new.shtml scroll down!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

BBK apparently makes plenums covers for the V6.
I've seen the GT version on v6mustangstuff, and I could have sworn I saw the V6 version on there too, but couldn't find it.
Anyhow; http://www.bbkperformance.com/products/new.shtml scroll down!
Thanks!! I like that better than the other one that everyone else has. More stylish

Quick Reply: 4.0 Engine Cover