Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Vortech vs. ProCharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:59 PM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

Default Vortech vs. ProCharger

well im about 2 buy a s/c and im down to Vortech and ProCharger...please don't tell me about the benefits of a turbo versus a s/c...i know the new turbos are better in terms of power...I just don't like having to continuely keep my car out of the boost during daily driving...for that matter keep it a discussion within the values of Vortech v. ProCharger and vice-versa...but yea i hear ProCharger is more powerful but way less reliable...Vortech more reliable but way less power...anywayz im just curious as to what input some for you can provide...im leaning towards reliability
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech vs. ProCharger

just get a supercharger and stop asking questions then...

Old 07-27-2007, 01:53 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lrgnation

On a stock block I would go turbo any day of the week. If i was built I would go supercharger and up the boost. The reason for this it takes more boost to get a supercharger to the same as a turbo. Aproxx 25% i think, the reason is it takes force from your engine to turn the supercharger. Turbo incorporates what is known as turbo lag, but imho you won't even barely notice it on the procharger setup. Now if your running some huge turbo putting out 30psi... then you may have an issue with turbo lag but IMHO, go turbo whether its procharger, powerhouse, or custom.

huh..[>:].....he just said he didnt want to go turbo. he was looking at SUPERCHARGERS only. i get frustrated with unreliability so i would go with vortech. the power you get you should be able to take a stock to mildly modified GT. thats impressive enough.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:49 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

I can only comment on the Procharger. Know nothing about the Vortech. I've had the P1SC HO with intercooler on the car since new and 11 months and 6500 miles later, absolutelyzero issues. I have changed the Procharger oil once and for an extra $49, I got the 3 year warranty. I'll be selling it soon to upgrade to the F model. As far as output, the 10 lb charger puts out a certified 14 pounds boost at 6400. The Procharger puts outhuge power. Maybe the Vortech does the same??? I don't know what power levels you'd get on your car but last week on a MustangDyno, wegot 520 rear wheel torque but had to stop because the second fuel pump failed(turned out,the relay that activates the second pumphad become disconnected). Going back tuesday to finish the dynotune.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

hey steve, when u sell your procharger let me know, i want to buy a used one, how much would you charge? pm me
Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

The usual trend is a procharger make smore than the vortech. But in rare cases (usually in the gts) ive seen them make the same power. The difference isnt too much. The thing to think about is do you want to tap into your oil pan or not. The vortech should have easier upkeep but it taps into the oil pan. Downside to this if something breaks it may go flying into your oil and into your engine. I have a vortech.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

The usual trend is a procharger make smore than the vortech. But in rare cases (usually in the gts) ive seen them make the same power. The difference isnt too much. The thing to think about is do you want to tap into your oil pan or not. The vortech should have easier upkeep but it taps into the oil pan. Downside to this if something breaks it may go flying into your oil and into your engine. I have a vortech.
which model do you have? i was looking into them and may be interested in one. i work down the street from their headquarters. hopefully they give me a neighbors discount[8D]
Old 07-27-2007, 02:32 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

ORIGINAL: petepete

which model do you have? i was looking into them and may be interested in one. i work down the street from their headquarters. hopefully they give me a neighbors discount[8D]
I have the H.O. Kit 10 psi
Old 07-27-2007, 03:41 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: illegal1984

well im about 2 buy a s/c and im down to Vortech and ProCharger...please don't tell me about the benefits of a turbo versus a s/c...i know the new turbos are better in terms of power...I just don't like having to continuely keep my car out of the boost during daily driving...for that matter keep it a discussion within the values of Vortech v. ProCharger and vice-versa...but yea i hear ProCharger is more powerful but way less reliable...Vortech more reliable but way less power...anywayz im just curious as to what input some for you can provide...im leaning towards reliability
what does this have to do with a turbo or sc? you drive both out of boost.during daily driving. you dont get boost on either until you give it some gas.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

cool. i was actually just interested in the standard 8psi. not looking for outrageous power, just something that at least matches the stock GT output. i think the 8psi model only runs at about $3,500 or so. are these units self-install or leave it to a shop to do it? not something i will be purchasing soon but maybe next year.

Quick Reply: Vortech vs. ProCharger