Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Has any one bought this scoop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:34 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default Has any one bought this scoop?

Has anyone bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=1801 42386077

The price of $75 seems too good. After she purchased it I noticed that the listing says "Double sided tape required for installation" but says nothing about the bolts to hold the scoop on. I thought Roush scoops used both double sided tape and bolts to install the scoop. Am I missing something or is this not a real Roush scoop? I just noticed that although the picture is exactly the same as a Roush hood scoop the heading says "FORD MUSTANG GT SVT SVO HOOD SCOOP ROUSH STYLE 05 06 07".
Old 07-27-2007, 10:56 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Has any one bought this scoop?

Yea, the picture had me wonderin' too. It looks just like the one that I have (that has tape, screws and works fine) but the price is lower and they didn't mention the screws. I'd email them.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

After my wife bought it for me I noticed thet it said "Roush Style Hood Scoop" instead of Roush scoop. I wrote and asked if it was not a Roush scoop could I cancel the order before it ships? I also said that by using a Roush picture and selling a non Roush scoop they were being very deceptive.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:03 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

It says Roush "style" and he's using the Roush picture... I'd run away or ask the seller for a pictureof theactual product for sale.
I suspect it's a cheap knockoff -Buyer beware
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

As I stated above I have already bought the scoop. You're right I should ask for a picture of the actual scoop before it ships so I can cancel if I don't like it or it does not look like the Roush scoop. I wanted the Roush scoop because I will mount it over my wide hood stripes and was afraid if id was not held on by screws it might pull the stripes off at high speed. Hopefully the scoop with screws would help hold the stripes down at speed.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

watch out for rubbing, alot of people with roush scoops on stripes have a problem with the scoop moving and bunching up the stripe. so just watch out.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:24 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, I never thought about that happening. Maybe I'll just cancel this scoop, if I can, and just have the stripes which I bought but have not received or installed yet.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:51 AM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

Try this website,
http://stage3motorsports.com/product/401769

Thats the real one
Old 07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

what high speeds will you be traveling at that would remove your stripes?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:33 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdg

what high speeds will you be traveling at that would remove your stripes?
Just go tmy roush scoop on a few weeks back. At about 70 it starts to lift up. the faste rit goes the highe rit goe sup. At 100 it seems to be a whole inch lifting up. This could pull the stripes off if the scoop flys off if there is no screws (though highly unlikely the stripe woul dcome off as it would be mounte din the middle and not right where the stripe starts). I would never use a scoop without screws because i don't want a new windsheild.

Quick Reply: Has any one bought this scoop?