Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone Have Inside Pictures with Louvers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:37 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone Have Inside Pictures with Louvers?

I was thinking about getting Louvers... but im wondering how it would effect my blindspot... i remember seeing a post before with inside shots but i couldnt find it.... and for thsoe who have the entire louver blocked out.. how do u deal with ur blind spot ? cuz i have come into some close calls with cars in my blind spot
Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone Have Inside Pictures with Louvers?

My wife keeps saying she doesn't want the side louvers because they will block the view out of the side windows. I've seen some louvers that allow some view through the louvers. That might be enough because you are basically watching for the movement of another car. Your side mirrors should also help if they are set right.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

i heard those little circle mirrors that are attatched to the side mirrors help ? but yeah im considering those louvers that have those small slits u can see thru them
Old 07-30-2007, 06:20 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

the 3d carbon ones i have is completely blacked out from the inside.you have to stick a piece of black vinyl on the outside of each window otherwise,you will see the inside of the louver from the inside which is white.mine came already painted.it doesn't bother me,you get used to not seeing out.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:36 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

oo ic im prolly going to get the ones with the little slits... cuz i drive in traffic like twice a week and i find myself having to fight my way to get into a lane cuz some people just wont let u in
Old 07-30-2007, 06:55 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

I have the 3d carbon Could never see out the driver side quarter window anyways and the passenger side i can see out the rear window right next to where that window is so a slong as it isnt like a 2 foot long car i can see it anyways.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:26 PM
DoeoJ

I've been a lurker here a while, figured I'd try to be helpful on my first post

I just put my louvers on last weekend and I love them. I don't really notice the loss of visibility because I use the little circular blindspot mirrors. I would definitely recommend those even if you do not have louvers.

If you were wondering I got these louvers:
E-Bay Link
Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

What about flush mount louvers, I just ordered some, they should be in soon, they replace the window completely, look better, and (from what I hear) have better visability.

http://stage3motorsports.com/product/SHR002
Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: proper

i heard those little circle mirrors that are attatched to the side mirrors help ? but yeah im considering those louvers that have those small slits u can see thru them
YES! Those Blind Spot (circle) mirrors are awesome! I've put them on all my cars! My business vehicle is a 15 foot long/10 foot high E-350 truck/van that does not have any back windows. You have the cabin windows and that's it. I rely on my side mirrors for changing lanes and for backing up. Don't worry about not being able to see out that small glass window. With a blind spot mirror in place, you won't need to turn your head....trust me!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:28 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

i think those look great,i might get those later on.
ORIGINAL: mignella254

What about flush mount louvers, I just ordered some, they should be in soon, they replace the window completely, look better, and (from what I hear) have better visability.

http://stage3motorsports.com/product/SHR002

Quick Reply: Anyone Have Inside Pictures with Louvers?