Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bamma Tunes installed...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default Bamma Tunes installed...

got my tunes from doug today and loaded them into my stang. i ordered the 87 perf, 91 torq and 91 race for the diablo tuner. i tried the torq first then the race tune and its def a noticeable diff from the diablo 91 perf tune. i now know what you all mean by the race tune being aggressive, very cool. as for the diff between the canned 91 tune and doug's race tune, i think its mostly felt during acceleration but at wot, the diff is a little less. its better but not by a lot. it made me realize that the canned 91 tune on the diablo isn't half bad. i'm def glad i purchased these tunes since the diff is still felt. it seems like the torq tune is really felt on the initial take off and then becomes even with the canned tune at WOT. the race seems to have as much kick off the start as the torq tune but keeps on pulling all the way through. i'm gonna drive some more 2morrow and try to pick up some more differences. overall, great tunes, lots of fun. i'm wondering what kind of performance gain, if any, i will feel with a C&L or a k&n cone filter instead of the dryflow filter i currently have. for someone who gets these tunes and tunes their car for the very first time, i can understand how they feel blown away and very impressed. coming from a canned tune, the diff isn't as dramatic but it definately is a great and solid improvement.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:00 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bamma Tunes installed...

Thanks for posting the results of your little test. If you have any more observations, please let us know. I bought a SCT setup from Demolet last year. I didn't really feel like the tunes were that great, I think that I can do better. Was thinking about ordering some from Doug. Same ones that you got. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:38 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

glad you like them man.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:39 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Now that you have your new tunes installed, does your car have a tendency tolurch during normal driving? Or does it accelerate smoothly?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

you know, suprisingly to me, it still shifts fairly smoothly. but when i really punch it, the shifting is a little harder. the acceleration is by far the best part of the tunes. earlier today i was at the beach and was waiting to turn left onto PCH with two way traffic and when i saw a little opening i punched it and was up to speed with the rest of traffic in no time at all. its freaking awesome being able to accelerate like that. can't wait to get gears and t-lok now. very very nice [8D]
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was, is it real jerky when you accelerate normally? And as long as we're on the subject of shifting, do you get any rubber between gears?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

no, not jerky. still smooth. a little harder than stock but still smooth. i can burn a little rubber in 1st and 2nd from a stop pretty easy. i'm sure it would be a lot more if i had a manual. i'm going to load the torq tune back in and spend more time with it to experiment since i had the race tune in all weekend. i'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:34 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i got my brenspeed tunes and man they are awesome. i recently took my car to the dealer so i swapped out my CAI and loaded my stock tune and i forgot about the difference. i often let the car lurch at a stop, i release the clutch a bit and just let the car go. with the tunes it actually kinda goes but stock it seemed like it was about to stall. and the throttle lag! man, i'm so glad i tuned my car. i'm considering buying more tunes but after i pay off my credit card ($900 in debt from mods but worth every cent), text books, and planning on buying a wii. after i get all those goodies out of the way, i may get a mileage tune first from justin just to help me cut some costs.

has anybody else in a manual with a tune noticed you can screech the tires in 2nd gear with the traction control on? i find that amusing
Old 08-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

i got my brenspeed tunes and man they are awesome. i recently took my car to the dealer so i swapped out my CAI and loaded my stock tune and i forgot about the difference. i often let the car lurch at a stop, i release the clutch a bit and just let the car go. with the tunes it actually kinda goes but stock it seemed like it was about to stall. and the throttle lag! man, i'm so glad i tuned my car. i'm considering buying more tunes but after i pay off my credit card ($900 in debt from mods but worth every cent), text books, and planning on buying a wii. after i get all those goodies out of the way, i may get a mileage tune first from justin just to help me cut some costs.

has anybody else in a manual with a tune noticed you can screech the tires in 2nd gear with the traction control on? i find that amusing
how you like your C&L? i was debating whether to get a new customized filter from S&B or save and get a C&L kit. a little tight with money since i just bought dougs tunes but i read that the thing that holds the AEM back is the dryflow filter. although it filters better than cotton, it also restricts more air flow. i'm stumped.[&:]