Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rear end shot

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

Default Rear end shot

15000 miles and the rear went! i waas driving down doing 35 all i heard was a lound bang and then somegrinding the car drove fine all the way to the dealership so now im out of a car for a couple days what luck,
Old 08-06-2007, 12:30 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rear end shot

If the car drove fine to the dealer, I doubt that the "rear went". Was the car making the same noise driving to the dealer? stick ot auto?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Is your car being fixed under warranty? Did the dealer notice that you had a CAI and tunes on the car or did you put it back to stock? Just wondering in case I have a problem and need to take my car to the dealer.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zid3

15000 miles and the rear went! i waas driving down doing 35 all i heard was a lound bang and then somegrinding the car drove fine all the way to the dealership so now im out of a car for a couple days what luck,

wasnt your rear end then...

Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
LiLJimmyNorton

Hit some road kill? .... I hit a dead dog some years back with a Iroc Camaro. It was dark and i didnt see it. All of a sudden BOOM... I pulled off to the side of the road and when i went to put the car in park the shifter was jammed. Turns out when i hit the dog it jammed my shifter into first at the tranny but i didnt know it at the time. I ended up driving home in first at 15 mph bah.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:33 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zid3

it doesnt sound like your rear end. you wouldnt be able to drive.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:52 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

as long as you can get it under warranty, you shouldnt have anything to complain about.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

it was the rear end when he opened it up the gear fell out he said it has been like that for sometime and was surprise it last that long, funny part is that the way the gear loged it self made it like a makeshift posi but its coverd under warenty they said nothing about all the work hell he even fixed my rear saleen sway bar(bracket bolts snaped) as long as you go to a good dealership your in the clear, he acully is putting in the 3.55 gear he found for 7.5 i didnt even know they had the 3.55 for the 7.5, but anyways i always go to the same dealership and the same guy, i was thinking about doing the t-lock and gears since the rear is open anyway, but moneys shorts(even tho labor would pretty much be free) what luck right
Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ok, im going to either call bs, or the guy u were talkin to had no idea what he is talkin about.

for one, if the gear was broken (ring, or pinion) the car would NOT have driven at all, nevermind fine all the way to the dealer. secondly, NOBODY makes a 3.55 gear for the ford 7.5 rear end, does not exist. a 3.31, 3.45, 3.73 are the closest you can get ot the 3.55 gear.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:57 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

if you could drive at all, that means that your rear end didnt go. and i have never heard of a rear end popping while normal driving. I am thinking that the guy is BSing you

Quick Reply: Rear end shot