Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Parting out car and going different route

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default Parting out car and going different route

After pushing the stock block for all she was worth, it finally blew on me at the FFW Norwalk event. I was able to push it to 11.02 and I am sure it had more in it, but after blowing I felt like going with a unique project.
Plans are in motion for a GT500 5.4 4V engine, new PowerHouse turbo, 4r70 trans, roll cage and supporting mods.
Gotta love the 4.0 engine though. I think this is a great V6 engine and the et's that people are starting to see out of them are staggering. With a built shortblock I think mid 10's was easy pickin's if I would have stayed this route.
I am parting out the car at this point to clear the way for the new setup:

Complete PowerHouse Intercooled Turbo kit - PH will pack and ship the complete kit. Had installed for 8 months, went 11.9 on turbo & stock block. This includes everything. For more details check out http://www.powerhouse411.com/ or call Mike (814) 774-4966. Retail: $5200 Price is $4400

PH alum. driveshaft - installed for 4 months. Retail: $520 Price: $375 SALE PENDING

JBA Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - installed for 4 months Retail: $640 Price: $350

Midwest Plenum Cover - Custom painted silver w/ black ribs. 2 ribs have scuffs from my Steeda hood rubbing, but shouldn't be hard to touch up. Retail: $174 Price $75 SALE PENDING

Complete rear 7.5 Tlok/3.73 gears $200 SALE PENDING

Powdercoated valve covers - SOLD

I can't supply pics at this time as the car is sitting up at their shop, but feel free to visit my garage at the 4.0 Collective site or contact Mike @ PowerHouse about anything listed above.

All shipping will be done by PowerHouse. Feel free to contact me for details or inquiries or call PowerHouse at the above number.[/align][/align]I will try to keep updates for the swap as soon as we get things in full swing on it.[/align]
Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Parting out car and going different route

Wow Lance! A 5.4L built turbo will certainly be a "unique project". That wife of yours is VERY understanding. Keep us posted with pics if you can while the car undergoes its transformation.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I'll take the Plenum Cover... I'll PM you.

ORIGINAL: Buckman

After pushing the stock block for all she was worth, it finally blew on me at the FFW Norwalk event. I was able to push it to 11.02 and I am sure it had more in it, but after blowing I felt like going with a unique project.
Plans are in motion for a GT500 5.4 4V engine, new PowerHouse turbo, 4r70 trans, roll cage and supporting mods.
Gotta love the 4.0 engine though. I think this is a great V6 engine and the et's that people are starting to see out of them are staggering. With a built shortblock I think mid 10's was easy pickin's if I would have stayed this route.
I am parting out the car at this point to clear the way for the new setup:

Complete PowerHouse Intercooled Turbo kit - PH will pack and ship the complete kit. Had installed for 8 months, went 11.9 on turbo & stock block. This includes everything. For more details check out http://www.powerhouse411.com/ or call Mike (814) 774-4966. Retail: $5200 Price is $4400

PH alum. driveshaft - installed for 4 months. Retail: $520 Price: $375 SALE PENDING

JBA Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - installed for 4 months Retail: $640 Price: $350

Midwest Plenum Cover - Custom painted silver w/ black ribs. 2 ribs have scuffs from my Steeda hood rubbing, but shouldn't be hard to touch up. Retail: $174 Price $75 SALE PENDING

Complete rear 7.5 Tlok/3.73 gears $200 SALE PENDING

Powdercoated valve covers - SOLD

I can't supply pics at this time as the car is sitting up at their shop, but feel free to visit my garage at the 4.0 Collective site or contact Mike @ PowerHouse about anything listed above.

All shipping will be done by PowerHouse. Feel free to contact me for details or inquiries or call PowerHouse at the above number.[/align][/align]I will try to keep updates for the swap as soon as we get things in full swing on it.[/align]
Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Wow Lance! A 5.4L built turbo will certainly be a "unique project". That wife of yours is VERY understanding. Keep us posted with pics if you can while the car undergoes its transformation.
Yep, she is pretty understanding that is for sure! We sat down and discussed it at length and she was actually pushing for the shelby gt500 engine as she knows my thirst for speed.
It should make for an interesting project and I am really anxious to see the results with the PH turbo on it. I only wish the kit I had would work with it, but it is sized to mate up with the 4.0
Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
BlkSunshine77
2nd Gear Member

Where are you located?
I am definitely interested in the 3.73 t-loked 7.5" rear and can offer a bit more than $200 for it.
I am ready to buy 4.10's and a t-lok so I can pay a bit more than your asking price if you are located within driving distance.
I'm in NY on long island...

Thanks!
Ken
Old 08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thats insane price on the PH turbo kit.

Lance,

Your car is gonna be a monster!!! Wow. First 5.4 with a turbo I think for the S197. I don't think no one else has done it.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

trader[:@]

jk, good luck with the 5.4 project man, that is gonna be insane. i thought you had swapped out the 7.5 for an 8.8"...? are you planning on keeping that? I doubt you are gonna want to if you are going turbo 5.4. You are gonna need a strong 9" for the kind of power you are gonna be putitng down. you're easily gonna be in the high hundreds possibly touching 4 digits if you really go for it. that is just gonna be insane!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Nsomnia
1st Gear Member

Let me know if the deal on the rearend falls through, im sure its got lots of abuse on it, but thats a hell of a deal.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

jk, good luck with the 5.4 project man, that is gonna be insane. i thought you had swapped out the 7.5 for an 8.8"...? are you planning on keeping that? I doubt you are gonna want to if you are going turbo 5.4. You are gonna need a strong 9" for the kind of power you are gonna be putitng down. you're easily gonna be in the high hundreds possibly touching 4 digits if you really go for it. that is just gonna be insane!
I swapped out to the 8.8 a couple months ago, the 7.5 was just sitting around and figured I better dish it off with the rest of this stuff.
I will just girdle the 8.8, Mike seems to think the 9" is overkill at this point. If anything I will gradually build power on it anyhow and can cross these bridges when I come to them.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 PM
ucdgreek
1st Gear Member

if the pending sales fall through on the gears and t-lok or the driveshaft i am very interested. thanks.

Quick Reply: Parting out car and going different route