Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Test Drove 05 GT 5speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Test Drove 05 GT 5speed

I drove my buddy's '06 V6. I found the power difference to be quite evident. Not trying to start a flame war, just saying. He drove my car and his response was, "Damn, that thing just feels likea rocketas soon as I come off the clutch." I guess some people's butt dynos are more sensitive than others
Old 08-11-2007, 05:34 AM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

ford did a really good thing with that pony package.it really spuces up the v6.i always look twice when i see one.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

How much was the Roush going for at that dealer???? are those over priced like the GT 500s???? MSRP on a Roush is low $40s K........

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

i think that's really funny how guys are always saying they don't feel the power difference. i mean, i would think it's pretty evident. i was at the dealer today swapping out steering wheels because the leather on my old one was tearing, and the salesman kept trying to get me to drive the GT. i had to keep myself away cuz i knew i'd want one. this dealer by the way only sells modded GT's. to find a stock gt on this lot is like a needle in a haystack. i was this close *makes finger motion* to test driving a supercharged roush but i knew once i felt that super charger i'd want one.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I couldn't see it any other way. I would expect a pretty significant difference. If I felt a big difference after my tune/cai... the gt must be pretty big by comparison. I haven't driven a GT for a reason... I don't think I would look at my car the same way afterwards. GTs not in the budget right now.

m

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

I drove my buddy's '06 V6. I found the power difference to be quite evident. Not trying to start a flame war, just saying. He drove my car and his response was, "Damn, that thing just feels like a rocket as soon as I come off the clutch." I guess some people's butt dynos are more sensitive than others
Old 08-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06musgt

ford did a really good thing with that pony package.it really spuces up the v6.i always look twice when i see one.
I 100% agree. I was dissappointed when I found out that the pony package grill was not interchangable with my GT grill. I really like the smaller foglights.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:08 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

good to know i'm not the only gt owner who feels that way.i would trade mine in for those smaller lights anyday.
ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: 06musgt

I 100% agree. I was dissappointed when I found out that the pony package grill was not interchangable with my GT grill. I really like the smaller foglights.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:24 AM
wicked95gt

I test drove a 2005 GT manual at a local dealer last week and I was expecting a "holt ****" difference from my V6, but like many of you said...it just wasn't that noticable. The exhaust sounded mean though..lol. Maybe it was because I was taking it easy with the car or maybe because it had more miles on it..I dunno. I will still have one someday once I get my other financial responsibilities worked out.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

i've driven both and i thinik people are exaggerating a bit when they say it isn't noticable. The power difference is definately noticable, BUT you have to keep in mind you are basically driving the same car with more power that comes on in the same way. The difference between an n/a 4.0 and a roots charged 4.0 is gonna be way more than the difference between a 4.0 and a 4.6 because power is built so differently with a roots blown car than it is with an n/a car. 90 hp is alot, but once you have been behind the wheel for 15 minutes (if you are driving the car hard) you get used to the difference and pretty much forget about it. You feel way more of a difference if you are a passenger in both. The difference is for sure there and if you drive both back to back in the same driving style it is evident, but it is not enormous and i personally could not justify the price difference. Really ford just did a GREAT job with all of the mustang models.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 AM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

imo.. the price diff was way to big... for that money i can mod the **** out of my 4.0 and destroy any stock 4.6... just my .02... id rather have a killer six than an ordinary gt
Old 09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

So going back on my first post here, I finally got talked into test driving a 2008 GT. And yes...there was no "Holy SH**!" factor after driving it. It was more like, this car looks nicer and shifts better than my car. That was it. Once I put a Hurst Short Throw and do the body mods I want, my mind would change. I've never floored my car, and I floored the GT like the dealer said and it didn't throw me back in my seat as expected. Of course the GTs are nicer all around, but not worth the extra $$$ I can't afford right now. If I were rich, I'd buy a GT and mod it...no questions asked

Quick Reply: Test Drove 05 GT 5speed