Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Utah V6's STS V6 Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default Utah V6's STS V6 Dyno Results

Joe at STS has contacted me with this email

I think on the 20th we need a v6 to fit a kit up to.
It truly is a bolt on kit with one new elbow currently produced by Sts.
We might be able to offer a very attractive price on the unit as well.
It would need to be used to diagram the electrical and vacuum routing differences between the cars.
I will work on some more info as needed if there is any interest and can offer fixed kit cost upon kit qualification and options.

If I were a V6 I would jump on this in a hurry!!! PM me

www.ststurbo.com

As far as i know this isnt open to anyone out of state because they will need the car locally.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Utah V6's

what do you mean just an elbow... you need a different TB pipe, different piping from the headers, a smaller turbo, etc. I wouldn't just throw on the gt kit made to fit, that turbo is gonna be way too big. What are they offering as the turbo? Is this going to be a test mule for a production kit? When do you reach full boost on your car? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get an idea of what they are offering here.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:30 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

Lets see some pics of the product you got goin on

I may even be interested in buying one then
Old 08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

I just have a single turbo kit from STS so if you have questions on the v6 contact them. Since i live around the corner i talk to them often so thats why he let me know
Old 08-08-2007, 06:52 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

How do I get in touch with him?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Doug,
Here is the deal sales/rd came up with.
$5500.00 installed 550chp v6 turbo, injectors and tune.
Or
$6100.00 with install, tune, injectors a stage 3 complete kit w/ ebc5 and intercooler (above 6 psi)
We will need the car for a few weeks, but I promise a super clean install and great work.
Because we will use it in Books and Photos and Install books the kit WILL be perfect.
The time table is for the 20th of August.
Let me know how it goes ……….
Thanks,
Joe@ststurbo.com.

ANYONE INTERESTED?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dex

Doug,
Here is the deal sales/rd came up with.
$5500.00 installed 550chp v6 turbo, injectors and tune.
Or
$6100.00 with install, tune, injectors a stage 3 complete kit w/ ebc5 and intercooler (above 6 psi)
We will need the car for a few weeks, but I promise a super clean install and great work.
Because we will use it in Books and Photos and Install books the kit WILL be perfect.
The time table is for the 20th of August.
Let me know how it goes ……….
Thanks,
Joe@ststurbo.com.

ANYONE INTERESTED?
wait so the 550chp one does not come intercooled?> that seems extremely unrealistic, there is no way you are making over 400whp non-intercooled. I dono if this is supposed to be a deal too.....Usually the test mule gets a deal, if this is a deal what the hell is the production price gonna be?! I must be missing something...If the first one is actually 5500 bucks non-intercooled with just the turbo, piping, injectors (assuming the install and tune is free for the test mule because that is how it usually works) that is a horrible deal....im gonna email him and ask him to explain, i must be missing something here.

oh btw, i don't want to bother you about it if you don't have them readily available, but do you have any pics of under your car with the turbo installed...i was wondering how they did the piping? Does the intake side piping go under the axle? If so it doesn't seem like there would be alot of clearence...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

There are some pictures of install on the mustang on the sts site. 550chp is the Turbo capability i think, not what it will do on a stock motor. Im almost positive they would be more aggressive with the price so i would just ask if youre interested
Old 08-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

I dont see this as a bad price. You arent paying for install and custom tuning so youre saving $1500 easy
Old 08-10-2007, 05:44 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dex

I dont see this as a bad price. You arent paying for install and custom tuning so youre saving $1500 easy
so 5500 bucks is their price for just the turbo, injectors, and tuner? I could get the powerhouse intercooled turbo for less than that and smoke the **** out of a non-intercooled sts kit. I just dont understand how a non-intercooled kit can possibly cost 5500 bucks unless you are paying for the installation/tune also, in which case i would disagree with them charging the test mule owner for install and tune. Im just confused on why it costs that much if the install/tune is free which it may not be. Im gonna email him and see.