Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake (updated with Pics)

Old 08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
dshlvrsn

Default RE: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake

I think the comment was more about the size of the MAF itself compared to other kits out there. Look tiny. Almost looks smaller than the stock MAF...
Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Smgfan1224
1st Gear Member

yea.. i know that on the K&N it looks like its the same size from filter to tb, on the weapon r it shrinks at the maf then gets a little larger. why.. i dunno, but hey it sounds greats.

next step after i get some more $$$ is a tune
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

It definately might sound good but I dont see shucking out $200 and not gaining any performance. I may be wrong and if I am I know I will hear about it, but w/out a heat shield I would assume that your air charge is actually warmer therefore less dense than stock. Also that MAF looks even smaller than stock. But i must admit you clean up that engine bay and that outfit would look sweet.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:17 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Even the CAI's out today for the 4.0 with heat shields are not going to make enough of a difference to equate into Hp gains over one without. Even with a ram air hood people don't see the gains.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Even the CAI's out today for the 4.0 with heat shields are not going to make enough of a difference to equate into Hp gains over one without. Even with a ram air hood people don't see the gains.
Then why spend that kind of money on a CAI then. Wouldnt it be more beneficial to just get the tuner and not spend the extra $250-300?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:56 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

My point was a CAI without a heat shield shows the same gains. A CAI will give you gains on the top end with a tune, which is why they are worth it. However, if you plan on going FI later, I would not bother with a CAI.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:52 AM
PFC_Kurtz_John
2nd Gear Member

Why not bother with a CAI if your going FI ? Not quite sure how the FI works jsut curious.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:22 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Supercharger and Turbo kits for our cars come with an intake as part of the kit. You could buy a CAI now, and seel it when you get an FI option.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 AM
PFC_Kurtz_John
2nd Gear Member

......... yeah i forgot about that, lol thanks for the answer though
Old 08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Im sure this kit is just fine for what you wanted from it. I would swap out the stock filter for a K&N style one though. One of my good friends has the Weapons R kit for his Acura, and the thin foam filter turned to crap real quick.

I did not see the point in spending the extra money on a full CAI...My first mod was the MMR annihilator kit. It only has the filter and mass air housing and usues the stock rubber tube. I did not have money for a tuner at the time so it worked out perfect as I did not need a tune for this kit. Along with a throttle body spacer, the kit made my car soundbetter and made it pull harder in the upper rpm range. Then when I had money for the tuner I told brenspeed my setup and they hooked me up with great tunes. Now my MMR probably performes just as well as any other CAI.

So a better filter (thats up to you) and a tune will make good use of your intake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake (updated with Pics)