Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gt-Take Off Installed!!!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 06:03 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Default Gt-Take Off Installed!!!!!

So I did my first perfomance mod to my mustang. This is the car I use for daily driving (to keep miles off the gto and save gas lol) to and from my college classes.

I ordered both gt-take off mufflers from ninosport and got them for 89.99 shipped, so they were definately a great deal. Anybody considering doing this mod....dont wait do it now, well worth the money.

My Impressions

1. Installation was very straightforward. Simply remove the old hangers, reuse for new muffler, and bolt everything back up. Took me about 25 mins from start to finish and anybody with basic tools and mechanical skills will have no problem doing this mod.
2. Car seems to rev easier and pull harder at higher rpms. Really seems to wake the motor up from about 4k-redline.
3. The sound is great at idle and even better under hard accelleration!! I was worried that it was going to sound ricey, but it sounds great. It sounds sorta in between a stock 6 cyl and 8cyl mustang gt.

Overall a great mod for even a limited budget!

One quick question though....

I noticed the the tailpipe from the gt-take off it larger and is very close to the cut out on the stock v6 bumper. Am I going to have any issues here with warping of the plastic or paint damage as a result of the heat from the muffler?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Gt-Take Off Installed!!!!!

Cool!

Any change in the stock exhaust is a good thing.

See if you notice you can COAST better now.

SOHC
Old 08-22-2007, 07:24 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gt-Take Off Installed!!!!!

no issues. you should cut the bumper and run some duals. just cut mine tonight