Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Question: Is there a big difference between the 3.0 pulley and the 2.8? I thought I read somewhere that the 2.8 had a tendancy for the belt to slip and you should get a different kind of 2.8 pulley.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i have both and only put the 2.8 on if i am going to the track. for me the 3.0 works fine and until i go inter cooled it is much less stress on the motor. i actually don't even notice the difference.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:52 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I don't go to the track, so you think I won't see much of a difference if I just stick with the 3.0 pulley?

I will go with the IC unit down the road, and maybe switch to the 2.8 then?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

the car is gonna come alive with just the x and the 3. as you need more is you want add more. as a daily driver the car is plenty fast for this 48 year old fart that has already talked his way out of 5 speeding tickets because the cars is just so much more you dont even notice your speeding. thank the lord for a quick wit
Old 04-28-2009, 08:32 PM
D_hof_07_V6
1st Gear Member

i see alot of people talking about intercoolers with the X, but i can't seem to find anything on it. where can I go to check it out? also, how does it compare to the vortech s/c?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
jldpc

Good day All: my name is Larry from Scottsdale, AZ. Today I ordered unit #109 (2.8) from EE and talked to Dave at length. The IC is on track; he expects tooling quotes today from suppliers; he is trying to get it into our hands for $1500; he has many of the parts on hand; he says 2 more months before he will be certain enough to sell it to all of us who want one. Certain as to final design and reliability. Not to mention that the tooling costs are substantial. I did not ask him about pre order deposits. But if 10 or 20 of us did so; it might ease his burdens. Any comments??
Old 05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

15 hundo aint too bad
Old 05-12-2009, 01:23 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Can we get a parts list and model number of the heat exchanger, pump, fluid overflow tank, etc?

Originally Posted by jldpc
Good day All: my name is Larry from Scottsdale, AZ. Today I ordered unit #109 (2.8) from EE and talked to Dave at length. The IC is on track; he expects tooling quotes today from suppliers; he is trying to get it into our hands for $1500; he has many of the parts on hand; he says 2 more months before he will be certain enough to sell it to all of us who want one. Certain as to final design and reliability. Not to mention that the tooling costs are substantial. I did not ask him about pre order deposits. But if 10 or 20 of us did so; it might ease his burdens. Any comments??
Old 05-21-2009, 07:04 PM
zimba
1st Gear Member

I finally have enough money saved up to purchase my X. I plan on getting the hi po with tuner next week. I have couple of quick questions that were not answered in thread. Will driving in the winter months (live in WV) affect anything? Do you need to upgrade fuel pump? And will I need to purchase a custom tune or will the tuner it comes with be good to go?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Will driving in the winter months (live in WV) affect anything?

It works just fine in MA during the cold months. I think you'll be okay in WV

Do you need to upgrade fuel pump?

No

And will I need to purchase a custom tune or will the tuner it comes with be good to go?

I believe the version w/ tuner includes the cost of the tunes from Bamachips. Doug would need to send you the tune for your specific car though

Quick Reply: X-Charger Discussion Thread