Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 11:47 PM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fabio Zecchel
I've got another question..I've just bought an used x-charger Xtreme intercooled kit with the tuner and everything..where I can look for an e-mail custom tune?apart from JDM and vmp..?
If it was me, I think I’d go with VMP. They give you 6 months of support and you can send them a data log if needed. You’re sure going to enjoy the X-Charger! It’s such seamless power with instant boost.
https://www.vmpperformance.com/05-Mu...xsctune-l3.htm
Old 04-26-2018, 05:22 AM
Fabio Zecchel

Originally Posted by VistaBlue09
If it was me, I think I’d go with VMP. They give you 6 months of support and you can send them a data log if needed. You’re sure going to enjoy the X-Charger! It’s such seamless power with instant boost.
https://www.vmpperformance.com/05-Mu...xsctune-l3.htm
Ok,I think I will go with them..but Wich product should I buy?I mean..I have to follow the link that you wrote on your post,or this one here..?
http://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Cu...-p/tune-l3.htm
Old 04-26-2018, 06:16 AM
JimC

Ok,I think I will go with them..but Wich product should I buy?I mean..I have to follow the link that you wrote on your post,or this one here..?
http://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Cu...-p/tune-l3.htm
You need to follow the first link, that is to the tuning for the Xcharger. The link you posted is for the 2013-17 with the 3.7 V6.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:32 AM
Fabio Zecchel

Originally Posted by JimC
You need to follow the first link, that is to the tuning for the Xcharger. The link you posted is for the 2013-17 with the 3.7 V6.
All right,thanks! Because a guy from vmp perfromance told me to follow the second one,in an email that I've sent to them..but I tought that didn't fit my car.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:40 AM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

Make sure you let them know you have the Xtreme with an intercooler and the 2.6” pulley - which I’m assuming to be the case.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:00 AM
Fabio Zecchel

Make sure you let them know you have the Xtreme with an intercooler and the 2.6” pulley - which I’m assuming to be the case.
Ok..i have the 2,7 pulley on this kit..i'll specify everything..but one question..on the form for purchasing the tune they ask me for "Computer Code/Strategy/Part Number"...what they mean?they want the VIN of my car?
Old 04-27-2018, 10:25 AM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

Ok..i have the 2,7 pulley on this kit..i'll specify everything..but one question..on the form for purchasing the tune they ask me for "Computer Code/Strategy/Part Number"...what they mean?they want the VIN of my car?
Looking at the engine bay, there is a narrow triangular metal item to the right of the fuse box. On top should be a sticker with 4 characters- that is what they want.
Also, X-Chargers only came with 3.0, 2.8, and 2.6 pulleys. The Xtreme uses a 2.6” pulley.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Fabio Zecchel

Looking at the engine bay, there is a narrow triangular metal item to the right of the fuse box. On top should be a sticker with 4 characters- that is what they want.
Also, X-Chargers only came with 3.0, 2.8, and 2.6 pulleys. The Xtreme uses a 2.6” pulley.

Ok thanks!now I've understood what they want..but for the pulleys..the guy that sold me the charger here on this forum,wrote down that he have a 2,9 a 2,8 and a 2,7 pulleys..no 3,0 or 2,6..does he maybe confused the numbers of the bigger and the smaller ones?
Old 04-27-2018, 10:33 AM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

Ok thanks!now I've understood what they want..but for the pulleys..the guy that sold me the charger here on this forum,wrote down that he have a 2,9 a 2,8 and a 2,7 pulleys..no 3,0 or 2,6..does he maybe confused the numbers of the bigger and the smaller ones?
Are you sure it’s an X-Charger and not maybe a ModdBox? Do you have a heat exchanger unit with the kit? It looks like a radiator.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Fabio Zecchel

Are you sure it’s an X-Charger and not maybe a ModdBox? Do you have a heat exchanger unit with the kit? It looks like a radiator.
I've bought this one here https://mustangforums.com/forum/part...treme-kit.html and yes,there's a gt500 heat exchanger

Quick Reply: X-Charger Discussion Thread