Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Satin Silver or Black stripes on a Tungsten Pony?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:25 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Satin Silver or Black stripes on a Tungsten Pony?

My Tungsten Grey PP has the black wide stripes on the hood, Black side stripes and black rocker covers, black GT take-off spoiler, Black honeycomb panel and black trim around the taillights. I think all the black accents look good on my Tungsten Grey coupe. The spoiler really looks great and gets some favorable comments.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:02 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I've seen your Stang, DylanFan. Truly one of a kind and a real beauty. =)
Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Yeah, I've seen your Stang, DylanFan. Truly one of a kind and a real beauty. =)
Stop, you will make me blush. My wife and I washed the car today and installed sequential taillights. I bought the M&M sequential taillights that have to be spliced into the wire harness. It took a couple of hours but it worked the first time we tried it. It is a great mod but while you are driving you don't get to see them operate. About a month ago I traded my pony center caps for the center caps with Ford on them. Today I traded for center caps with a Cobra on them. I think the black center cap with the silver Cobra looks cool.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Stangrunner06
1st Gear Member

I have the 12" Black stripes and 3/8 " pin stripes. 2" space on center and 1/4 space on pin stripes, The stripes look like Judes, which by the way look awsome! I had them installed by a Graphics/ sign shop. I had bartered for them, it took him all day, and swore he would never do them again without a stripe kit. He used virgin vinyl and had to cut them to fit, while a stripe kit is already cut for the contours. The bumpers are the *itch, and told me at least a GRAND to do them on another car!! I would suggest Baltimore street mods, good stuff but couldn't get anybody to do them here. One place asked for 70 an Hr. and two day minimum. I bought a kit, and was about to attempt it but I dont have the patience, so I left the original ones on and had a shop repair what I would call **** imperfections I only saw. I still have the BSM stripes in black. If intrested PM me. They are still in the box.
These are early pictures, the latests ones I removed the black panel on the back and continued stripes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/35404/A588791DC6D64FC8BBD082A23D70F7AC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/35404/5558C066D4474E959068C2FF264F7F57.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-26-2007, 07:23 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stangrunner06

I have the 12" Black stripes and 3/8 " pin stripes. 2" space on center and 1/4 space on pin stripes, The stripes look like Judes, which by the way look awsome! I had them installed by a Graphics/ sign shop. I had bartered for them, it took him all day, and swore he would never do them again without a stripe kit. He used virgin vinyl and had to cut them to fit, while a stripe kit is already cut for the contours. The bumpers are the *itch, and told me at least a GRAND to do them on another car!! I would suggest Baltimore street mods, good stuff but couldn't get anybody to do them here. One place asked for 70 an Hr. and two day minimum. I bought a kit, and was about to attempt it but I dont have the patience, so I left the original ones on and had a shop repair what I would call **** imperfections I only saw. I still have the BSM stripes in black. If intrested PM me. They are still in the box.
These are early pictures, the latests ones I removed the black panel on the back and continued stripes.
Will they fit if I have a hood scoop?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:03 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Victoria, IMO which we all have one, is go with the Silver...I'd do it if I chose to go with a stripe. Most of the cars I've seen Tungsten go with Black, its a natural fit and its what Ford puts on at the deal for a stripe tape as you know. Silver adds another dimesion to the car and really brings out the lighter side of this color.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Check out this stripepainter site;

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html
Old 08-27-2007, 02:53 PM
teamvickers
1st Gear Member

look at mine i have black and love it get compliments all the time and theres none around here that look like mine
Old 08-27-2007, 04:26 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

I have Torch Red and black stripes. Everytime I look at the car it seems that there is a new
"mark" on the stripes. What do you guys clean you stripes with? When I picked up the car
the dealer had run it through the wash and it had tons of swirls on the stripes. I use the Ice
detail spray, it helps some....but there is still some marks I can't get out.
p.s. Go with the black stripe, it looks sweet on gray.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Stangrunner06
1st Gear Member

Sorry I took so long to answer, Victoria RR I don't think my kit will work for you cause the ones I got is for a different rear spoiler, plus no scoop. For that you may have to go to a graphics shop for unless someone in the forum knows of a place on the web you can get them for your car. I also liked the silver stripe but wanted a more agressive look to the car. Good luck !!

Quick Reply: Satin Silver or Black stripes on a Tungsten Pony?