Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bolt On

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
thedragon
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Bolt On

Nice setup boss. how hard was it to istall 4.10s? And how is normal driving with those i was looking at 3.93's just because i still want to use mine as a daily driver
Old 09-02-2007, 08:21 AM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

SSM has hi-flo heads and regring cams that are supposed to make quite a bit of rwhp with a custom retune. once i have 1600 sittin around, thats gonna be the first thing i do.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:59 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thedragon

Nice setup boss. how hard was it to istall 4.10s? And how is normal driving with those i was looking at 3.93's just because i still want to use mine as a daily driver
I ran 4.10s when I was just bolt ons, car was fine, and you can always run a taller rear tire to get your effective gear ratio down to 3.90. I think when you say 3.93 you mean 3.73 gears, which are good. How much high way driving do you do?

I would start with a CAI, tune and a single axleback muffler. Doug and VMP have nice packages for CAI/Tunes. For muffler, try a GT take off muffler, they show a nice gain and are pretty inexpensive.

Heres a really good CAI, tune and GT muffler package for the 4.0:

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...&parent=93

Old 09-02-2007, 10:23 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07lane40

SSM has hi-flo heads and regring cams that are supposed to make quite a bit of rwhp with a custom retune. once i have 1600 sittin around, thats gonna be the first thing i do.
show me a dyno that shows that, not just words. gash's before/after dyno's were done on different dynos so the numbers cant be taken as gospel. they were also done far apart time wise.

ORIGINAL: chrisc

220/250

he had a WMS intake, ASP crank pulley, some generic exhaust setup (I think it was a flowmaster, for sure not JBA or MRT), and a custom tune
whoever hit that power, did they have a dynosheet for that? seems crazy high to me. i hit 211.5/242 and rick hit 212/242 with basically full boltons (hp ones anyway).

the 220/250 sounds like its a STD dyno if its true, and not SAE. someone on the 'other' forum hit about 215rwhp but again, it was a STD correction.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 PM
thedragon
1st Gear Member

I do a lot of driving on this car since its my only way to get well...anywhere lol so im trying to find out what i can do without completely running on like 91 octane fuel or compromising the ride itself. I was thinking of getting a pypes true dual system since i dont like having a mustang that doesnt have duals. Will a GT takeoff muffler really have a bigger effect then the single i have now?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Well you can get a tuner without having to do the 91 performance tune...They also have 87 and 89 tunes as well.. And don't forget the intake as well. But the 91 tune shouldn't effect the drivability of the car. If you're going to mod the car then a tuner/cai is a must, don't leave home without it LOL.

From what I've heard the duals aren't really something you do for performance. They may gain you a little but you probably won't feel it. But it sure will sound better. I'll be doing it eventually just for the sound.

Other things you can do are gears. They probably won't net you a numbers gain but it sure will make the car more fun to drive because off the line acceleration will be better as well as power in 5th gear from what I hear. But you will need that tuner to recallibrate the speedometer or you'll be going slower than you think and racking up the milage on your car faster. And don't forget the LSD while your at it. Getting when you get the gears will save you on the price of the install. And a lightweight drive shaft could be done as well. As with the gears there is probably no HP gain but it will make it easier to get that HP to the ground because of less rotational weight. And there are handling mods that you can do as well. Though I'm not sure which ones would help and which wouldn't.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 AM
thedragon
1st Gear Member

Welli figured that the exhaust is mostly for sound and look. Andthe tuner/cai kit ive just been trying to find a nice inexpensive one.I know il have to recalthe computer because i plan on getitng the gears a driveshaft and bigger wheels which i figuredwould throw off the computer, but thetunerspecs say it can for the most part help me calibrate all that.

The main thing that im debating now is which gears to get i was thinking 3.90's mainly cause its an undereducated guess and the number is bigger then i have now lol.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:30 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

220/250

he had a WMS intake, ASP crank pulley, some generic exhaust setup (I think it was a flowmaster, for sure not JBA or MRT), and a custom tune
whoever hit that power, did they have a dynosheet for that? seems crazy high to me. i hit 211.5/242 and rick hit 212/242 with basically full boltons (hp ones anyway).

the 220/250 sounds like its a STD dyno if its true, and not SAE. someone on the 'other' forum hit about 215rwhp but again, it was a STD correction.
it was flyboy....he is on the 40c. his dyno is below, his tune was from apex [&:]

Old 09-03-2007, 04:03 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

What gears to get depends on a number of factors. Are you going to get larger diameter tires, do you want to go as fast as possible with no regard to milage or do you want to get there faster but still have a concern for milage? The higher the number the more acceleration you'll get but it will cost you in gas. Some people go with 4:10s because they don't care about milage. Others get 3:73s because they have to do highway driving and are concerned about the milage issue. Not to many S197s have something other than 3:73 or 4:10.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:08 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

220/250

it was flyboy....he is on the 40c. his dyno is below, his tune was from apex [&:]

you proved my point chris lol. thanks notice at the bottom, UNCORRECTED. which means STD, not SAE. too many dyno places will give you that sheet/dyno when its higher than SAE to get your hopes up, instead of just giving you the standard so you can compare to other places.

Quick Reply: Bolt On