Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI...Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CAI...Please Help!

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

What insert? All C&L's are sold with a bigger MAF sensor that needs a tune b/c it lets more air into the engine.
ahh yes, you're right. Its for the GT's only. my fault.

http://www.cnlperformance.com/2005GT.html

Old 09-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I've never heard of that tuner and don't even know if it will fix the C&L. I'd suggest either sct or predator tuner, there usually $300-$350 new and a couple hundread used. When u put in whatever tune u make, it saves ur stock tune on the tuner.And u can buy good tunes from someone online and download them through ur computer. Check VMPtuning and bamachips for that. No recharging, just input the tune w/the car off and then start the car after it's put in and ur fine. Good luck!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Non-tunable CAI's, just make the air colder that goes into the engine, not really more
Colder eh? thats only if you get the icebox option...lol A CAI that doesnt require a tune is beneficial because it can pul air 360 degress into the MAF rather than pulling it through the single hole in the fact airbox then through the top of the flat filter.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:16 AM
outastockjohn
2nd Gear Member

just cutting in but i did see a no tune option for the c&l on both the v6 and gt. it comes with an insert that makes the tube around the maf smaller so that the sensor reads the same amount of air as the factory intake. it kind of defeats the perpose, but at least it gives the option to save some money if you cant afford the full package. i wouldnt do it that way but its there.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Never heard of the C&L w/o the sensor, where do they sell it? and what's the price? Sounds weird![&:]
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

umm, I bought the C&L on ebay. The guy was switchin to a supercharger.
I paid like 130 for the CAI, but it didn't come with a tuner.. I just assumed it was one of those CAI's that doesnt need a tuner..me wrong.
So i think im gonna have the blue oval tune it for me wen i take it in on tuesday.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:49 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Yea you need a tune or your car wont run with the C&L.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
outastockjohn
2nd Gear Member

heres one of the links i found that has a no tune option ill have to try and find the other that explains it. http://www.rpmoutlet.com/vortech.htm
at the bottom of the page it says no tune option for both packages with and without a tuner
Old 09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Just my imput. I orded my C&L and Xcal2 from B@m@. It didn't come with a sensor, you reuse the stock one. Itcame with new screws for the new MAF housing, and a torq tip bit to remove the sensorfrom the stock housing. Took about 20 minutes total to do it.