Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My New Ride!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My New Ride!

the pic of your grill would make a great sig picture! Nice looking car but save your money and skip the throttle body, absolutely too much money for something that isnt going to add any performance. The UDP is also very expensive compared to the gain it provides. With the price these two items run you could purchase a intake/tuner combo. And are you sure you didnt drive home the wrong car off the lot? Thats no PP
Old 09-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Meda Raines

Sorry I shouldve explained that it did originally come with the stripes, fog lights, and bullits but decided to remove them because not only did I negotiate to save a lot of money, but I never really liked the look of the fog-lights, it took away the aesthetic of the grill, and I didn't like the look of the stripes, at least for the color of my car. They gave me the option to get the standard '16s for free or the "17 alloys for $300, opposed to keeping the bullits which were $900 I think, of course I went with the "17 pirelli's. I have the emblem that goes on the side, but I took them off just for the pics, I'm deciding wether or not I want to keep it on or not... it looks so much cleaner without it...

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments everyone!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

looks great!!! i love that color... as far as ur performance list goes, from what i hear headers dont give u much gain, performance wise. alot of people said they only gave em 6-7hp. just warning you, dont want ya to go waste 5-600 bucks when you could spend it better elsewhere. but thats a great looking car congrats!!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:41 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

What color is that?
Old 09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

that is alloy metallic same as on mine
Old 09-09-2007, 02:05 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Oh ok. At first I thought it was black, untill i looked at it for a min.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

Another Alloy mustang! Wooooo! Isn't it an awesome color?! I hate keeping it clean but I love looking at it!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:04 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Did they not have a plain v6 alloy? I'm just trying to figure out why you got the PP if you didn't want any of the PP options.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Meda Raines

Sorry I shouldve explained that it did originally come with the stripes, fog lights, and bullits but decided to remove them because not only did I negotiate to save a lot of money, but I never really liked the look of the fog-lights, it took away the aesthetic of the grill, and I didn't like the look of the stripes, at least for the color of my car. They gave me the option to get the standard '16s for free or the "17 alloys for $300, opposed to keeping the bullits which were $900 I think, of course I went with the "17 pirelli's. I have the emblem that goes on the side, but I took them off just for the pics, I'm deciding wether or not I want to keep it on or not... it looks so much cleaner without it...

Did you pay for the PP or was it one of the incentives Ford had recently where the PP was free?
I can't believe someone would pay for parts they are only going to take off. You can always sell them.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Meda Raines

Nice car, man, but I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that they actually removed the grill, fog lamp switch (which is missing in your pics), tape stripe, sway bars (also missing in the rear views of the car), bullits, and fender badges in exchange for a discount? It seems like the labor alone to remove all of that would be worth more than any discount. I don't know why the dealer would agree to that.

Quick Reply: My New Ride!