Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MODS MODS MODS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MODS MODS MODS!!!

well I know I'm getting the tuner next week, and in december Im getting the vortech supercharger, but after that I'm unsure of what I should get!!

I'm not sure if I should finish up with all the performance mods, and then moveon to appearance mods, or ifI should keep jumping from perf. mod to appearance mod then back to perf. mods.

I also want to find out if you can put a shaker system on a supercharged engine, because that would be great. I figure it will give me both performance and good looks.

Along witht the S/C I'm getting JBA 9mm cables, T-lok, and those supercharged badges so all that should be enough for performance till atleast the spring time. I figure once jan. hits, I can begin the exterior mods like GT front, and rear bumpers, and rocker panels, and the CDC Classic chin spoiler, than begin with little things like underhood dress up kits, interior dress up kits etc.

As you can tell I love talking about this, so any suggestions would be great. (I like to know what I'm going to buy next, so I can make sure that I absolutley want it, and need that mod next).

btw, my perfomance goals are 315 rwhp..
Old 09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

It ought to be interesting because I am doing it in the opposite order. I am getting the external appearance first then work on the performance.

I should be getting my GT front/rear/rockers sometime in the next 2 weeks (ordering them this week). I need to know where to get a good blackout panel for the back. (suggestions?)

Let me know how your perf. stuff works out and I will let you know how my ext. mods work out also.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Dennis, for performance get 3.73 gears w/the t-lok, shorty headers(LT's r illegal in NY), and a custom dyno tune. Besides that, u may need drag radialsfor the track and maybe summer or wider/bigger rims. I don't no about howmuchwider though. What r u running now for rim sizes? I putup a post about wheels/rimsfor dragging and should get a response soon. I'm thinkin 16X10's for me,if they'll fit. U may not need Drag Radials with tires this wide. I'm gonna find out soon hopefully, thenI could help u there. But ur definitly gonna have to run at least 235 wide street tires on that and u'll still have traction problems. And get rear lower control arms to help with traction a lot. U could get both rear and upper control arms at blowbyracing.com pretty cheap and install shouldn't run more than a couple hundread if u can't do it. Good Luck on that car, it's gonna be a beast when ur done!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

wow, we're actually going in the same direction.

I might do performance mod, then appearance mod, then performance mod then appearance mod.etc.

I want the sound and performance to back the looks of the car.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Stang Girl13
1st Gear Member

Where did you find your color? It seems to hard to find.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"Dennis, for performance get 3.73 gears w/the t-lok, shorty headers(LT's r illegal in NY), and a custom dyno tune. Besides that, u may need drag radialsfor the track and maybe summer or wider/bigger rims. I don't no about howmuchwider though. What r u running now for rim sizes? I putup a post about wheels/rimsfor dragging and should get a response soon. I'm thinkin 16X10's for me,if they'll fit. U may not need Drag Radials with tires this wide. I'm gonna find out soon hopefully, thenI could help u there. But ur definitly gonna have to run at least 235 wide street tires on that and u'll still have traction problems. And get rear lower control arms to help with traction a lot. U could get both rear and upper control arms at blowbyracing.com pretty cheap and install shouldn't run more than a couple hundread if u can't do it. Good Luck on that car, it's gonna be a beast when ur done!"

wow, thats pathetic, Im a cop and didnt even know LT's were illegal!!
I dont drag race (the island closed it down in 04' but they may re-open it)
I plan on going with the upper and lower control arms, T-lok and 3.73 gears, but I wont be able to buy both at the same time so I'm getting the T-lok first.
If you find a set of tires online (street tires only, along with wheels), post them up on here and I will buy them, I'm kind of retarded when it comes to wheels and tires lol.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

U could look for wheel/tire combos in the parts 4 sale section of the mainpage. I'm not going w/any tires or rims till I get suggestions first. Sounds like ur gonna have a nice ride. wheelsforless.com has some cheap rims(16X8's and 16X10's I was lookin at $260 for a pair(u only need wide rear tires)), streettires will probably run u $150-$300 and u can have any mechanic change em. Good Luck Again!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

thanks.

What do you plan on doing to your ride?

I think BEAST is pretty much the only word I need to use to describe it for me.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Beast is right for ur car. For me, I'm slowly going full n/a bolt ons. I'm making a custom dual exhaust now, I have gt take-off h-pipe and overaxels right now, and I just ordered JBA mufflers and JBA shorty headers from v6mustangstuff.com for $610 shipping included. When that comes in I'll get it installed and I probably will finally have the beastsounding exhaust I want and a noticable more hp in the high end. Then, I want to do the Western Motorsports ram air/cold airsystem w/a heat shield and steeda tune my car after that, $450. Then I'll order a B A M A 93 tune(not sure if I will go torque, performance or race yet?(debate-gears helps w/low end/take-off power and duals and headers raises low end torque a few hundreadrpm's) for $75. Then I'm either going to get DR's or wider tires for the track and summer. I might hit the track(Island Dragway in NJ, 1.5hrs from nassaucounty)before all this, but it's unlikely b/c most people suggest at least Drag Radials or very wide tires for hooking at the strip and that will run me $250-$300 if I don't need wider rims. If I do another $260, but I'll test launches andwot'son the streets every now and then and see where I'm at. Then UDP somewhere after($150)this and maybe some cheapweight reduction in between(rear seat delete kit, BMR front sway/radiator support replacement kit). Oh yeah, I almost forgot I need to do the throttle body bypass to my car b/c it's an 05. 05's with a fullywarmed up enginew/o the TBB lose 5-10rwhp. After all that, the next N/A step would be heads and cam, but that job installed and dyno'd would run me $3.5k and I'm not sureI'll do itat that price till someone shows me good gains(50rwhp+) for it to be worthit. That's about it unless I can find more weight reduction w/o ruining the car. After all thatI should be around 230-250rwhp(depends on who u talk to=290crank but more like 260-270hp b/c driveshaft and UDP)and the car should be around 200-300lbs lighter than stock. It's nice,but not close to any intercooled superchargers.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I meant the headers and mufflers were $710 shipped, my bad.