Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The N/A way!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:25 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The N/A way!

That would be with a 2.1, 2.0 60' If you can do that without DR's thats great. I have seen folks do it regularly with wide street tires. The alternator underdrive pulley is avaiable from pauls high performance, it comes with the belt and you have to call and ask for it, he does not list it on his web site.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

Just my opinion, don't bother arguing with folks on the web, drags you down to their level. Look at their car, mods and timeslips, judge for yourself,I skip over all the whining posts.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

U no the price? and what about weight reduction, or do u have secrets? [sm=ts.gif]J/K, wanted to use that smiley. Thanx fo the help and u got one nice ride, update me when u do ur next track run in nice weather. I love seeing fast N/A cars. F/I is way too easy to go fast with, bolt-ons are another story.Good Luck!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx for the help with the 1/4 #'s, I won't have time to get to a track tillafter winter,do to college starting and now working more hrs. I hate it when people say, those #'saren't close, U'd be really lucky if u saw those. Now that I no I got #'s from a reliable experienced track runner I'm happy. Thanx, I no how people can get, that's why u can shut them up with ur timeslips if they ask. Can't wait to get a timeslip, then everybody will do what they did when they saw ur timeslip: [sm=yikesomg.gif]!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:42 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Oh yeah, another reason my dad said no turbo was so I don't kill resale value. Thanx for all the help again! I'd suggest an aluminum driveshaft if u still want to do more performance mods after that. It knocked about 35lbs off the drivetrain, made at least 10rwhp, increased milage a little, and made the car run a lot smoother. Good luck on ur plans!
If your dad is worried about resale value, Ford and specifically Mustangs are not the way to go. They are great cars, don't get me wrong....there are 2 fords sitting in my driveway. But I didn't buy them so they would have good resale value. And be it turbo, or LCA's or a drive shaft. Once you modify the car, and a dealer see's it, the value is the same for all of them.....crappy. They will try to shaft you as soon as they see one performance aftermarket part on the car.

Boss knows how to build a NA monster, my hats off to him.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I no the resale value thing, but he put it in perspective. If I sell the car w/60k miles and all bolt-on taken off I'll get a good amount of money for it. But, if I sell it with a 9psi non-intercooled turbo on it, I won't get much. And reliability was another reason he didn't want me to go turbo. I know the stock vortech comes with a warranty and a 5psi pulley but I could make closethat kind of power with a complete exhaust(headers,h pipe,duals), ram air, UDP, and tune for a couple grand less and more reliable.Idon't no if I told ubut my dad has seen some aftermarket F/I with little psi(8-11) blow their engines when he worked at numerous car dealerships as a controller for 20yrs+. That's his and now my viewpoint. Thanx for theinput and Good Luck on ur future projects!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Bump, Anyone know the answer to moreweight reduction ideas/parts for me? all I can think of is spare, jack trunk carpet removal, rear seat delete, and a bmr front sway/radiator support kit. Boss, did u get the UDP and belt from pauls high performance? If so, how much is the cost? And since I was thinking about wider tires, I think the widest I can go on my car is 235's. Any ideas where I can find 16in rims that are wider? maybe 8 or9 inches wide? and do u think I'll need to fix my speedo with wider tires? I no u have to change it with taller tires and wasn't sure about wider ones. Thanx ahead of time!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

geez....did you set a weight limit for passengers also?.....jk[8D]
Old 09-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Only during race nights! No, I'm not like that, but if someone local I no challenges me to a race, we'll pull over and have our passengers jump out. I no j/k but I thought I'd let u know. remember 100lbs off of car=0.1+ quicker in the 1/4! Found farelycheap rims at wheelsforless.com. I think I can find a pair of16X8's or 16X10's for under $270 if Ineed them. Still lookin for the other answers to my post before this though. Thanx ahead!