Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Front license plate...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default RE: Front license plate...

well in CT it's "required" by law but i dont have mine on there because it looks like crap, but i dont think your going to get pulled over just for that
Old 09-11-2007, 06:10 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

And if you do. You will prolly just get a warning the first time.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
steveo555
2nd Gear Member

Here in Maryland two is required, also in Washington D.C. and Virginia . I heard that if you have a corvette, ford gt, etc... high end sports car its not required. But yeah whatever the DMV sends you thats how many you need, I know Indiana and Ohio only require rear plate.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

OK question, What if you keep it on your dash while driving?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
steveo555
2nd Gear Member

i had a friend get a $600 ticket for that, not considered on the car I think?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Don't give the police the reason. On any given day they can pull you over for anything. I got a ticket Sunday for not having my wallet (hence Drivers License) on me at a checkpoint that was supposedly RANDOM. I sat there at the checkpoint for 30 minutes.(while ticket was being written).....EVERYONE got pulled over and checked. Police Officer said to me that "since 9/11....we basically have the ability to check people at will for terroristic reasons"..."and call it anything we want.".....seems they can "SCREEN" anyone for anything these days. I'm arguing ticket in court to see if "probable cause" is truly "out the window.".......I bet I lose.

I have 100% current documentation ....registration/proof of full coverage insurance. I had officer check all lights on my car, I MADE him check exhaust sound levels at state legal distances and decibel levels.....he still wrote me up for not having a license on me at the time. He pulled me over for no reason. Random is bulls**t.
I didn't tell police anything about myself......they checked my license plates (I have 2 of them on car)....and found out everything the DMV had on me...including current (valid) License.
$250.00 ticket.
I have paid less for nights at the strip clubs.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:34 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

You should be able to get that dismissed easily.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pperin

OK question, What if you keep it on your dash while driving?
Cop told me it couldnt be on the dash. It has to be on the car.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:22 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steveo555

Here in Maryland two is required, also in Washington D.C. and Virginia . I heard that if you have a corvette, ford gt, etc... high end sports car its not required. But yeah whatever the DMV sends you thats how many you need, I know Indiana and Ohio only require rear plate.
That's a new one to me.....high end cars not being required to have a license plate mounted on the front. All the Vetts, Vipers and Shelby's I've seen all have a plate mounted or they have the hidden brackets mounted. I've also seen guys put the plate in their front dash.
I hate the two plate law but what cha gonna do?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

In Arkansas we are only required to have the rear license plate. Unlucky thing for me, though, was that when my dealer did a dealer-to-dealer trade to get my car they had to go across the border to Missouri to get it. So guess what I have in my front bumper that makes me cringe every time I look at it......two friggin holes drilled into it where the Missouri Dealer had his "I bought my Car Here" plate mounted to it. I'm sure they didn't give it a second thought because if I was a Missouri driver I'd need 2 plates anyway. Sux that they defaced my baby like that [:@]

Anybody know a good solution to hiding the holes or at least making them blend better? Other than buying a new front bumper that is...

Quick Reply: Front license plate...