Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Front license plate...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:22 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Front license plate...

Put a license plate over it.....lol no i dont know.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:29 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4.0 Stang

Put a license plate over it.....lol no i dont know.

um......no I hate that indention! I'm contemplating some black stripes, one wide one down the center with one smaller one on each side and then taking it all the way down the bumper and trying to better camoflauge the indent for the plate.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yeah, i would get a plate with the mustang emblem or something cool like that. maybe a chrome plate.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

The fact that the V6 has a license plate mounting point and the GT doesn't really irks me. In Texas two plates are required, so it doesn't really matter, but it's just the principle behind the matter. I mean, dual exhaust on a GT and single on a V6 makes more sense to me than that.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Maybe its to make people want the GT
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

I live 5 miles from Delaware, (no front plates) and I guarantee that I could go YEARS without anyone noticing. On the other hand, I might as well stay legal and I kinda like my license plate design anyway.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:49 PM
metalmat

In louisiana only one is required, but in texas it is 2. I role around in my other car (93 accord) with one liscense plate all the time in texas.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:35 AM
BIGMAS1979
1st Gear Member

in cali u have to have it, in florida u don't
Old 09-12-2007, 06:39 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

The fact that the V6 has a license plate mounting point and the GT doesn't really irks me. In Texas two plates are required, so it doesn't really matter, but it's just the principle behind the matter. I mean, dual exhaust on a GT and single on a V6 makes more sense to me than that.
Yea but in Texas you can get away without having it for a long time I drove my F-150 without the front plate for almost a year. Where in Texas are you Vic?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

I have 100% current documentation ....registration/proof of full coverage insurance. I had officer check all lights on my car, I MADE him check exhaust sound levels at state legal distances and decibel levels.....he still wrote me up for not having a license on me at the time. He pulled me over for no reason. Random is bulls**t.
I didn't tell police anything about myself......they checked my license plates (I have 2 of them on car)....and found out everything the DMV had on me...including current (valid) License.
$250.00 ticket.
I have paid less for nights at the strip clubs.
I know where your coming from. In KY it is a law you have your drivers license/and or ID on your person at all times. Even if your not driving and are walking down the street you can get a ticket for not having your License on you. Plus there is always "random" road checks in my area even to the point of having drug sniffing dogs circle your vehicle while they check your documentation. I have nothing to worry about but if that isnt a illegal search I dont know what is.

Quick Reply: Front license plate...