Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can someone help a girl out??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:16 PM
angera

Default RE: Can someone help a girl out??

I agree with what sliek0722says. Used usually works out cheaper because you are not paying depreciation. However, you have to be really careful with who you buy from. On a mustang, I would want a certified used car or buy it from a really old guy because read this forum and decide if you would want to buy a car abused by one of these guys...

If you want a PP, go for it. I bought mine new because of the 0% financing. I don't like giving 8% on a used car to the bank. Plus, if it's new, I know how well I care for a car. I have all the records, etc and know what's going on with it. I did the 0% for 72 months. My end price was $20,400. I probably could have done better execpt the car had already been sold before and was one of the last PPs in a 150 mile radius. I got the premium,PP, leather, and sirius radio on it as options. 5spd manual.

I wanted the PP 100% for sure because of the retro grill that goes with the retro styling. I am not into modding or racing the car. I bought it for looks. It stands out even though everyone and their mama is driving one right now. Every other car on the market looks identical (excluding other "personality" cars like the bettle, mini, etc) and this is going to be as close as I get to the '66 fastback I really want.

In any case, I would have also wanted the interior upgrade package with the 6 gauge cluster and my colors and chrome accents although I do not like thesilver dash. I couldn't get both because no cars with both existed anywhere near me. In fact, the only way I knew about the one I ended up buying was from another dealer whom I called for another black mustang and it ended up having been modified into a glassback. Ew, so the dealer looked up pony packages in my area and found the one I ended up buying that wasn't on the website. Since I had no other choice, I have no regrets. However, had one with both been available and a salesman persuaded me to buy something else, I would have ended up disappointed. So the moral here is listen to everyone else, list what you absolutely must have, what you would like to have and what you don't care about before going to the dealer and DO NOT BUDGE until you get what you want.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can someone help a girl out??

BTW, custom orders only take about 5-6 weeks. Get what you want!