Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can someone help a girl out??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Clemsongirl07

Default Can someone help a girl out??

I'm in the process of buying my first mustang and I had a few questions. I feel like the dealerships have been giving me the run-around because I am a female, so I wanted to get some opinions from here because I know you guys know!! I want an 06 or 07 v6. One dealership said "you don't want the pony package" but I like that package and I don't know why he would say that (other than he didn't have oneonthe lotwith the pony package to sell me) and another dealership said that the 06 models did not have the pony package yet and I would have to get the 07. Can someone clear me up on this before I sign any papers!! Thank you!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:02 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Can someone help a girl out??

I have a 2006 pony package that a bought in August 2006. Cantthink of a reason you wouldnt buy the pony package if you liked it. Normal dealer lying. Do you have another dealer in your area? if so, I would go to another oneand let them know why your leaving. Get the car YOU want.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Clemsongirl07

Well, I live in a small town so I'm going to dealerships out of town. But they all tell me something different!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:22 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

The dealerships can trade cars with each other. Tell them to find you the year, color and option you want.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

It's funny that he told you not to get a Pony Package because the only advice I have for you is to definitely get the Pony Package. They obviously don't have one with the options you want, otherwise why would he try to talk you out of something that raises the selling price of the car?

FWIW - I have an 07 vert with the Pony Package. I can't even imagine how sloppy the handling would be without the anti-sway bars.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:35 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Charlie321

It's funny that he told you not to get a Pony Package because the only advice I have for you is to definitely get the Pony Package. They obviously don't have one with the options you want, otherwise why would he try to talk you out of something that raises the selling price of the car?

FWIW - I have an 07 vert with the Pony Package. I can't even imagine how sloppy the handling would be without the anti-sway bars.
I hated the pony package, and my handling is great. Granted it would be better with sway bars which I plan to get, but I could not stand the foglights.

Clem: the best advice is to post what you want, as far as options, color, etc.and we can help you out on picking the best options packages overall. Then walk into the dealer and say "I want this" if they try and talk you out of it, or tell you something different, tell them. This is what I want, can you get it for me or not. Make sure you read the sticker and verify it has all the options you asked for.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:46 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY
Then walk into the dealer and say "I want this" if they try and talk you out of it, or tell you something different, tell them. This is what I want, can you get it for me or not. Make sure you read the sticker and verify it has all the options you asked for.

oddysey, just hit it on the nail. If the dealership can not get you what you want, walk away and go to a dealership that is going to get you what you ask for. Gotta be tough on these salesman, it is your money.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:53 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Great advice on the 2 previous posts. In addition I would bring some body w/ you that will act as an anti-impulse buyer/ negotiator, a male preferably. They don't have to do or say anything, just be there & the salesman will be less likely to feed you crap.

Best of luck, remember ITS YOUR $$$$$$$, get what YOU want, not what they want to sell you.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Clemsongirl07

Thanks! And I'm sorry I posted in 2 different places! I'm trying to figure this thing out!!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:24 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

I don't think that the dealer was giving you the runaround because you were female. After all, there's plenty of runaround for everybody.

Quick Reply: Can someone help a girl out??