Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

C&L CAI and Tuner for Sale - NEW PRICE

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Big Lar

Default C&L CAI and Tuner for Sale - NEW PRICE

I have a C&L CAI and Diablosport Predator tuner for a 2005-2006 Mustang V6 for sale. Used approximately 7000 miles. CAI and tuner are in like new condition. The Predator tuner includes the standard Diablosport tunes plus the custom C&L tune specifically for the CAI. I'm asking $395 plus shipping. NEW PRICE IS $300 plus shipping

I recently upgraded to a Vortech supercharger system for the V6 with JBA headers and dual exhaust so I no longer have a need for the CAI and tuner.

BTW, I was extremely pleased with the performance and response from the CAI and tune. The car displayed significantly stronger punch coming off the line. It definitely added to the fun factor with the car.

For info please e-mail me at lburke9701@aol.com
Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: C&L CAI and Tuner for Sale - NEW PRICE

How do u like the vortech and shorty's? what type of duals r u running? Sounds like a nice set-up. Good luck on selling that, someone will buy it at that lowprice.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Big Lar

The Vortech runs just great on the car. It's a significant power gain over the stock set-up. I installed the supercharger and JBA shorties myself without and real problems. Considering that I'm 52 it wasn't a challange at all! I didn't go with the HO kit because I wanted to be on the safe side as far as pushing the HP gains on a stock engine. I also installed the Magnaflow dual exhaust kit but it's not true duals. Ever since I added the vortech I'm getting a strong drone in the exhaust. I want to install a X-pipe hoping that it will eliminate the drone.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Big Lar

....It's a significant power gain over the stock set-up.......I also installed the Magnaflow dual exhaust kit but it's not true duals. Ever since I added the vortech I'm getting a strong drone in the exhaust. I want to install a X-pipe hoping that it will eliminate the drone.
magnaflows have been dubbed "MagnaDrones" so good luck getting rid of the droning. when you say significant gain, is it a "worth the price gain"? i also have been maybe considering a low boost vortech down the road sometime. i first want to do some more N/A mods and see how my baby feels before i really consider it.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i want a vortechhahah congrats on the SC. i love the sound of sixers with vortechs, hell i love the sound of anycar with a vortech lol!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

btw WE NEED SOME PICS OF UR CAR NOW!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Big Lar

I've been wondering if the droning isn't just a by product of the Magnaflow system. I was bad before the vortech installation but it has gotten worst since then exspecially at idle. I'm still toying with going back to GT muffler takeoffs and custom pipes. I will say that the Magnaflow make the sound of the sixer very strong.

The vortech standard system is well worth the price for the gain. I paid $3100 for the system. Using the C&L CAI and 93 octane tunethe car had pep but it was nothing to brag about. I would run of of steam around 5700 rpm and the limiters would kick in. There's a noticable increase in power across the entire rpm range. The vortech system shoves you back in the seat when you punch it and being a centrifical system the power keep growing. I have not had the car on a dyno yet but I believe I'll be impress with the numbers.

I originally wanted a GT but in April 2006 they were in short supply. The dealer had a '05 leftover fully loaded that they could give to me at a really good price. I got it for $9K less that a GT. With the savings I've installed Eibach Pro-line springs and sway bars, GT take-off rims and tires, GT front rotors, dual exhaust, Roush quarter window louvers, Visus rear-window louvers, and SSE center mounted fog light grille. The car is Torch Red with the red leather interior and auto trans. With all of the mods I have the look and perfromance of a GT at a lower cost with better weight distribution.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I've read that after time and a little wear that magnaflows and flowmasters have drone problems. I'd go GT-take offs or JBA's if u want to fix that. Sancho, if u r thinking of a low(stock boost non-icvortech) I don't think it will be worth it. The stock 5psi pulley will only get u around 40-55rw gains. U will feelaboutthe same gainif u get 4.10(4.30's maybe u have 17's)gears, t-lok, shorty headers,UDP's, and a little weight removal(spare,jack, and bmr front sway/radiator support kit) and it will cost u aroud a$1kless. But if ur gonna buy an aftermarket pulley(9-10psi for $80) for thevortech, u will see gains of 70rwhp+ and that can't be beat for the price. I would suggestone of those pulley's for Big Lar if hewants more power and doesn't care about vortech's 3yr warranty.But remember, if urgoing F/I, resale value drops a lot and ur carwill be less reliable running more boost than thevortech kit comes with.Good luck on whatever u do!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

like i said, it was just something i MAY consider but not very sure on it. i want to stay N/A as long as i can. not trying to build a beast, just something very street worthy.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Big Lar

So to get more hp and boost from the vortech system it's as simple as going to the aftermarket pulley to increase the boost? Would I need an intercooler or water injection system too?

Quick Reply: C&L CAI and Tuner for Sale - NEW PRICE