Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I need to vent !!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
ItsA6

Default RE: I need to vent !!!!

You know something. This is one reason I like this forum.
Fellow Stang lovers support you no matter what!
Your all right, build the car for me
Guys and Gals Thank you all for the compliments and the feed back on my car. The more I think about it when someone says well its not a GT I kinda think they are making up for a ummmmmmm "little short coming"
But dont get me wrong Im not GT bashing
If I could Id buy all of you a beer or 2 [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 09-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

your car looks amazing, those judges are dumb as **** lol. i know what u mean by them only looking at v6's. i was in a car show and there were 4 cars in my class. 2 stock gt's, and one with a cai and thats it. then there was my car. guess what the gt with the CAI won. nonstopred is right, change the grill then it will make them think hmmmm is that a gt or v6. its true when people see the v6 grill respect goes down by 50% ven if u have a supercharger.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
ItsA6

Well looks like Im gonna have to sweet talk the keeper of the card
The grill might be the next mod
Old 09-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

yeah bro, car looks great how it is.
Some people will vote for a stock GT over a moderatelymodified V6 (CAI+Tune, some exterior mods, exhaust, wheels). Its stupid, but the only way to beat out others at car shows is by blowing them away with some big boy mods (blower, LT headers, exhaust, aftermarket bumpers, nos).

Anything that will make your car stand out a mile. I suggest getting the eleanor style grille w/ fog lamps, painted chin spoiler, scott drake (shelby) underhood dress up, interior dress up, GT rear bumper.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

I'd be happy to be beat by another mustang rather than a camaro, or other gay car.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:25 PM
ItsA6

I thought about the GT rear bumper , but then I dont want someone to look at my car from the rear and do WOW nice GT OOOOO wait its only a v6 you know what I mean ??? The other mods those sound like a something I could do.
One thing I was thinking of doing since I have A C&L cai I was either going to have it polished or do it myself. What do you all think of something like that ?????
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Nice car! Don't let those judges get you down.
I do think if you want to show your car, you have to bring with it uniqueness as well as originality.
I know others have said to change your grill because the V6 doesn't get any respect. Maybe so, but I know I for one, am tired of the GT grills with the two fog lights. To me, the car looks like it has 4 head lights instead of two.
Now show me a GT500 grill and I will start salivating.

I think any Mustang has the potential to be a show stopper.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:35 PM
ItsA6

If I lost to a slapmaro or a ricer I would hang my head in shame !!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

yeah bro, car looks great how it is.
Some people will vote for a stock GT over a moderatelymodified V6 (CAI+Tune, some exterior mods, exhaust, wheels). Its stupid, but the only way to beat out others at car shows is by blowing them away with some big boy mods (blower, LT headers, exhaust, aftermarket bumpers, nos).

Anything that will make your car stand out a mile. I suggest getting the eleanor style grille w/ fog lamps, painted chin spoiler, scott drake (shelby) underhood dress up, interior dress up, GT rear bumper.
It really makes no diff... either they like your car or not. I have a blower, dress up, headers, elennor grilleandin realityif it's a muscle car or mustang show, a body kit may hurt rather than help.
There is no formula for success. Buildyour car for you, enjoy the show, spend the day with other mustang owners and if you win a trophy be happy.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
07Thorobrd
1st Gear Member

well you def. have a sweet ride. but maybe you could put some quarter window louvers on it or a roush rear spoiler. anyway i think your ride is nice i like the deep dish rims. hope that helps releave some of the anger.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need to vent !!!!