Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

automotive training/ engineering

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

Default automotive training/ engineering

I was wondering who on this particular forum (of frequent contributors) has what knowledge of physics and engineering, as well as legitimate automotive certification and training (SAE, master-techs, etc)
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: automotive training/ engineering

I have my ASE A1through A8 along with my ford certs for gas engine driveablity, A/C and electrical. I'm also 2 ford classes arway from getting my chasis and engine masters.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

ASE Auto Certified here

Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Factory Certified Diesel Engine Tech
Old 09-18-2007, 02:11 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

In school for mechanical engineering tech with automotive.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:40 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

I have my ASE A1through A8 along with my ford certs for gas engine driveablity, A/C and electrical. I'm also 2 ford classes arway from getting my chasis and engine masters.
May I ask where you work...because I'm looking in to the automotive field as well, and if you can explain a little more about it and what i need. I really dont want to work at a dealership. I'm just starting out and would love some more information. Thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viperrmk

May I ask where you work...because I'm looking in to the automotive field as well, and if you can explain a little more about it and what i need. I really dont want to work at a dealership. I'm just starting out and would love some more information. Thanks
I work at a dealer here in California. Been here since I was 18. The best way to get started anywhere is get an entry job i.e. porter detailer or anything. Then you can study and get some cert while hopefully some of the guys you work with can help explain stuff to you. The automtive field is rough. Something I didn't really plan on doing as a career.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

I'm a Manufacturing Engineering student and I'm looking into a future in automotive technology. I may move out to Detroit if it's possible.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: optras

I'm a Manufacturing Engineering student and I'm looking into a future in automotive technology. I may move out to Detroit if it's possible.
Right on man...where you goin to school? Im over at Rochester Institute of Technology in up state NY.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

im going to school out here in cali. Starting off with 1 year of basic automotive, ford fact program, smog license, ase's, and then i'll do the bmw step program. After 3 years of being in the field I will be a master tech. So If I start now I'll have enough experience to be a master tech about 6months to a year out of school. Schooling is only about 2 years total.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:45 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lrgnation

im going to school out here in cali. Starting off with 1 year of basic automotive, ford fact program, smog license, ase's, and then i'll do the bmw step program. After 3 years of being in the field I will be a master tech. So If I start now I'll have enough experience to be a master tech about 6months to a year out of school. Schooling is only about 2 years total.
You must be going to UTI?

Quick Reply: automotive training/ engineering