Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:15 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dual Exhaust Question

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

u can either buy a dual/cat-back system for the V6's on v6mustangstuff.com, but their really expensive and the true duals w/o a mid pipe sound sheety. U could do like I did and just buy separate parts u need and have the mechanic/exhaust guy weld it together and install it. To do this u need to buy a mid-pipe(gt-takeoff h's r cheap), get used overaxel pipes from a gt or buy them from Ford, and buy a set of 2 mufflers(GT axelback). That's what u need to do that. I did that and saved enough money on the mid pipe and overaxels that I got shorty headers too. Installed, this whole project will run me under $1k. Pretty Good! Hope this helps!
What are true duals without mid pipe?
1K?? You weren't foolish enough to pay thatfor what you have listed were you?
My JBA kit with an H cost $400 and the install at Midas was $80
Old 09-19-2007, 07:28 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: angera

Can you buy the parts seperately? Like the one girl got the GT stock mufflers and I dunno what else she did? Or do you have to buy a kit like on the link you showed? Is there an advantage to X vs H?

What would the average price be to buy all the junk and install it? Does it void your warranty if it isn't done by the dealer?

I'm sure you could purchase parts separately.....used and may be able to get them new, but I think it would cost you more in the long run instead of purchasing it all at the same time.
Some guys prefer the H while others swear by the X. Me, I just like the way the X pipe is set up and the fact that Ford is now using it for the V6.

As far as warranty issues, there shouldn't be a problem unless Ford can prove your exhaust pipes did something with the engine. I've never readany complaints so far.Being that my car is an '07, that was something that crossed my mind many times. I even called the dealer asking them if they could install duals but at the time they didn't have the parts nor the info. They recommended meto take my car to a local shop that they use for V6 conversions.
When I stopped by a local Ford dealer to pick up a brochure, one of the salesmen asked where I had the work done, that it looked like a factory job.

Average price to install duals if you supply the parts, between $80-200.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 PM
JimC

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

u can either buy a dual/cat-back system for the V6's on v6mustangstuff.com, but their really expensive and the true duals w/o a mid pipe sound sheety. U could do like I did and just buy separate parts u need and have the mechanic/exhaust guy weld it together and install it. To do this u need to buy a mid-pipe(gt-takeoff h's r cheap), get used overaxel pipes from a gt or buy them from Ford, and buy a set of 2 mufflers(GT axelback). That's what u need to do that. I did that and saved enough money on the mid pipe and overaxels that I got shorty headers too. Installed, this whole project will run me under $1k. Pretty Good! Hope this helps!
What are true duals without mid pipe?
1K?? You weren't foolish enough to pay thatfor what you have listed were you?
My JBA kit with an H cost $400 and the install at Midas was $80
I paid $50 for the X pipe, $86 on Ebay for the 2 mid pipes and mufflers, and then $80 to the shop for the installation. Can't believe it would cost $1,000 for a driver side mid pipe, an H and 2 take off mufflers including installation costs! If you watch Ebay you may be able to pick up all the parts reasonably - and installation shouldn't cost all that much.