Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: No Muffler

ORIGINAL: derekdatank

I agree kinda but heres how me and my friends thought of it when it was at low rpms it sounds like american muscle but when it is at high rpms it sounds like european muscle plus it was cheap so for now its what will sty on till i get more money
lol your exactly right. Low rpms it sounds like american muslcle.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:25 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jsierzega

ive had mine off for about 6 months now. and soo far no problems. it is faster than a stock 6, ive raced several 6's including one with a tune, axle back, and drop in cai. i have no other mods. the only thing i dont like is when it rains it makes a weird noise due to the water being blown up there and the hot air blowing it back out. over all, i love it.
Are you sure the guy with the tune knew you were racing?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

I dont think at idle or high idle it sounds like american muscle. That low rumble you call it sounds more like a pissed off weedeater to me...haha

But to each his own and thats just my opinion, not trying to flame you at all man

My thoughts are with your neighbors man
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Mine's been off for about a year now

Removed the muffler and fabricated an extended pipe with a4 inch exhaust tip. I love the sound! I do feel like I've gained horsepower but not significantly. I believe it does affect low end torque though.

I've been commended on the sound of my car. I've got GT owners, Z06 owners, an owner of a Ford SVT Lightning and even Ford dealers convinced it sounds like muscle....and close to a GT rumble. I've been told it sounds better than any other V6 people have seen/heard. Can't beat a V8 sound, but this is close enough for me and makes me happy. To each his own of course, but I've got nothing but positive feedback
Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I just don't know about not having a muffler. The idea just sounds...well...cheap. If you want loud and you want to gain performance and torque...the MRT is for you. Not just saying that cause I have one.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Cheap or not, it sounds good to me

Won't be this way forever though, I'm holding out for Pypes dual exhaust with an X Pipe
Old 09-20-2007, 02:58 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

Won't be this way forever though, I'm holding out for Pypes dual exhaust with an X Pipe
Nah I like yours. You just have a single SLP in my book. You went the extra mile and added a tip. Those duals sound like a good idea to mee.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:36 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

Nah I like yours. You just have a single SLP in my book. You went the extra mile and added a tip. Those duals sound like a good idea to mee.
Thanks! I like having a nice tip...adds that extra touch

Old 09-20-2007, 03:44 PM
jlwilhelm

I too am now running with no muffler, the only way! I love it. I have a mid-pipe from a Pypes True Dual system for a V6 running into a passenger side tailpipe from a Pypes mid-muffler system for a V6. Since both pipes I'm using aremade by Pypes, both fit together perfectly. To finish things off I'm using a Pypes stainless 4 inch tip (just recently re-designed "to really fit" on the tailpipe end) on the end of the tailpipe. This new tip uses a 2 1/2 inch AccuSeal clamp to compress the slotted end that very nicely and tightly fits over the end of the tailpipe. Pypes finally got the details right with the individual pieces in the mid-muffler systems. This system is very clean and easy to put on the V6s. The mid-pipe being 2 1/2 inches OD fits right into the socket on the V6's Y-pipe. If you now look on RPM's website under V6s in the exhaust section, Pypes if offering a "race system" version of the mid-muffler setup. There's NO mufflers in this setup at all, and it bolts right into the V6's stock system. You do need to cut the headpipes behind the cats though and use an X-pipe to install this system. Not a bad thing though to run a true dual system with NO mufflers. Take care, Jack.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jlwilhelm

I too am now running with no muffler, the only way! I love it. I have a mid-pipe from a Pypes True Dual system for a V6 running into a passenger side tailpipe from a Pypes mid-muffler system for a V6. Since both pipes I'm using aremade by Pypes, both fit together perfectly. To finish things off I'm using a Pypes stainless 4 inch tip (just recently re-designed "to really fit" on the tailpipe end) on the end of the tailpipe. This new tip uses a 2 1/2 inch AccuSeal clamp to compress the slotted end that very nicely and tightly fits over the end of the tailpipe. Pypes finally got the details right with the individual pieces in the mid-muffler systems. This system is very clean and easy to put on the V6s. The mid-pipe being 2 1/2 inches OD fits right into the socket on the V6's Y-pipe. If you now look on RPM's website under V6s in the exhaust section, Pypes if offering a "race system" version of the mid-muffler setup. There's NO mufflers in this setup at all, and it bolts right into the V6's stock system. You do need to cut the headpipes behind the cats though and use an X-pipe to install this system. Not a bad thing though to run a true dual system with NO mufflers. Take care, Jack.
Good taste [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: No Muffler