Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Check out my new stripes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:19 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Check out my new stripes!

I posted thison the 2005-2008 Mustang forum, but since it is a six and you guys are my homies, I thought I'd share it here too.

After they started them two weeks ago, the guys of BARK Productions in San Antonio, Texas finished my custom black vinyl racing stripes on my car '06 Tungsten Grey PonyPackage. The stripes measure 10 1/4 inches wide with a 1 1/4 inch gap. I spent lots of time researching Shelby stripes and even went to the dealership to personally measure the stripes on the Shelby GT and GT500. The Shelby GT had 9 1/4 inch stripesfront to back, while the GT500 had tapered stripes which varied from 111/2 inches to 9 1/4 inches. Both cars had a 1 1/4 inch gap. So I combined both measurements and kept the gap size. They copied the GT500 trim on the back end around the center break light, faux gas cap, and license plate mount. They also removed my hood scoop and did the stripes like you would a car without a scoop, then striped the scoop and put it back on. They told me the hood scoop was the hardest part of the whole job. The guys took their time on it and the end result, to me, is simply stunning. The whole thing only cost me $250 since it was their first time doing racing stripes. They had previously done several graphics jobs on company vehicles and some personal cars, but never racing stripes on a Mustang. Unfortunately, they told me they'll probably not do them again due to the intensive labor and time of the job, and that if they'd known the work it would take to do the stripes they would have charged closer to $800. But they enjoyed the experience and it's now part of their portfolio. I might go back for a rocker stripe extension that extends to the lights on the side of the rear bumper. I'm very, very happy with the stripes and I love how they compliment the black rocker stripes.

Oh yes, here is thecar. =)

Old 09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Check out my new stripes!

good deal. job well done
Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

very nice. good price. i think you should tint them windows and it would look even better
Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Looks nice, I was thinking maybe I could drive to San Antonio to have them install stripes if I ever wanted them, but then I read how they won't do it again. :P

Congrats!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Looks nice, I was thinking maybe I could drive to San Antonio to have them install stripes if I ever wanted them, but then I read how they won't do it again. :P

Congrats!
Well, he said he'd be reluctant to because of all the labor involved. But hey, everyone has a price, right?

And thanks.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:54 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

The stripes turned out very nicely!! I'm impressed with the job they did on the scoop. I have 12" blue stripes on mine, and would like to get a hood scoop also. The big reason I haven't is that I don't know how to lay the vinyl on such a curved piece. I thought about painting the entire scoop blue, and then just making a white vinyl 1/4" stripe... but then the colormatching dilemna...etc.. anyways, enough of my issues...

Your car looks great! You definitely got a steal for $250 labor! It took me 9 hours over 2 days to do mine.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:54 PM
emconn
1st Gear Member

Looks real nice, I agree though. You should work on getting those windows tinted. I'd say go 15 or 20% My dad has a tungsten grey and went 15% Looks real nice.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:04 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Very nice! I like the Tungsen and black combo....
Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

They came out great Victoria!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Looks good

Quick Reply: Check out my new stripes!