Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Goin Dual=Sex

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Their nice.That looks pretty close to an older muscle car. My dad has a flowmaster exhaust on his 72 charger and looks exactly like that except w/longer exhaust tips. Painting em black would definitly help their appearance. That would put more emphasis on the exhaustand that's what u want. Show people ur nice and mean aftermarket exhaust. If u got thetime and money, that's definitly a project u should consider. All this duals talk and my car's still in the shop getting myduals and headers put in. AHHHH!!!!! I can't take this. 2 more days and the car is back.Good Luck on the exhaust!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:38 AM
sliek0722
2nd Gear Member

That's not the point. The older muscle cars don't have bumper cut outs but the older muscle cars have much, much, MUCH smaller rear ends. The rear bumper of our cars is tremendous. It's like a foot from the ground. So with duals and no GT bumper the pipes hang way too low. It just doesn't look right. Maybe if you got a smaller bumper or a bumper with black on the bottom to make it look smaller. But if you were gonna do that you might as well just get a GT takeoff bumper for $280 from saleen.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:39 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Their nice.That looks pretty close to an older muscle car. My dad has a flowmaster exhaust on his 72 charger and looks exactly like that except w/longer exhaust tips. Painting em black would definitly help their appearance. That would put more emphasis on the exhaustand that's what u want. Show people ur nice and mean aftermarket exhaust. If u got thetime and money, that's definitly a project u should consider. All this duals talk and my car's still in the shop getting myduals and headers put in. AHHHH!!!!! I can't take this. 2 more days and the car is back.Good Luck on the exhaust!
The only thing about painting them is, I'm afraid I might get over spray on the car's finish if I don't take the muffles off. I guess I can cover the car with a tarp or something.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Maybe get a can of paint and try that. That could work. Sliek, I doubt my car is wider than my dad's charger and it's not wider than most of the old muscle cars. And there's nothing wrong with them hanging too low. My dad's duals hang about a couple inches lower than any dual set-up u'll find on a4.0(even if it's low like 07's which looks nicer than if it was snug against the bumper).He never had any time scratched his tips or had trouble with his exhaust hitting the ground. Looks is ur opinion which will not changeI see.If u prefer the GT bumper than spend $250-$300 and have it put on for $50 or do it urself. But me and most people think another cut in the 4.0 bumper is fine and looks great. I prefer it over the GT one and so do most people. And don'ttell people their wrongif they like this set-up. Itcauses no problems, looks better(imo), and is a few hundread dollars cheaper. I'm not arguing with u anymore.It's ur opinion and I won't say ur wrong for having it, just don't say other people r wrong or stupid fordoing this set-up b/c there is not 1 problem with it.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:46 AM
merlinsrealm
3rd Gear Member

I was going to use my 4.0 Bumper but I already knew that in time I would be changing out my setup from My Gt Dual setup and would need the Gt Bumper to accomadate the look I wanted.

You put whatever setup that makes you happy. I agree with the ones who said if you want to save some money just notch out your 4.0 bumper..

Eric
Old 09-29-2007, 10:34 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

GT front bumper.
Now I need the GT grill because the V6 grill wont fit.
GT take-off duals. Now I need the Cat backs with H-pipe.
Now I need the GT take-off bumper with the cut outs.
Now I need the GT wheel well liners front and back for proper fit.
And the GT rocker covers so everything will line up properly.

I gave up and takethe apperance of mysixer as being a sixer.
If I wanted a stang with dual exhaust, I would
have bought a GT and forgo all the mixing and
matching of OEM bodypanels and bumpers.

I got the Eleanor grill because the stock headlight are lacking
and the PIAAdriving lamps were needed.

You put whatever setup that makes you happy. You are the one who has to live with it.
I agree with the ones who said if you want to save some money just notch out your 4.0 bumper..
Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

ORIGINAL: sliek0722

Just make sure you get a GT bumper because the v6 bumper + dual looks retarded.
That's subjective...I prefer the notched v6 bumper over the GT bumper. Looks cleaner.
So do I. With certain mufflers, the tips are waayy to small for the GT bumper cut outs. Also, the painted lip around the GT bumper
doesn't match a stock 6.

Stock 6 bumper +1
Old 09-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sliek0722

Just make sure you get a GT bumper because the v6 bumper + dual looks retarded.
I call BS.....I think that duals look just as good if not better with the v6 bumper, as long as the pipes aren't too large

Old 09-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I agree with u Pantera(one of my fav.bands)completely. The V6 bumper w/duals looks more retro and better. It just so happens that one person out of probably 50 thinks it's ugly(for reasons I can't think, already proved him wrong on a lot ofthings). Guyhas theright to his opinion, but it's just not close tothe majority's.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:19 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Pantera list your mods please.

Quick Reply: Goin Dual=Sex