Goin Dual=Sex - Page 3 - MustangForums.com



V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #21  
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert
 
157dB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 13,322
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Quote:
ORIGINAL: OIIIIO

Quote:
ORIGINAL: sliek0722

Just make sure you get a GT bumper because the v6 bumper + dual looks retarded.
Maybe you're right, but wait......

Nothin wrong with that rear except the stripes dont extend down to the bumper and that darn
parking sticker on there to the right. Do they point up ever so slightly?
157dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #22  
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert
 
157dB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 13,322
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 07 Stang


Here's what it looks like....what do you think? I could paint the mufflers black....







Paint the muffs black.
157dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #23  
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member
 
OIIIIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maui, Baby!
Posts: 1,050
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

That is not a parking sticker... that is the safety sticker. Itsucks but that is how we do it here.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 157db

Quote:
ORIGINAL: OIIIIO

Quote:
ORIGINAL: sliek0722

Just make sure you get a GT bumper because the v6 bumper + dual looks retarded.
Maybe you're right, but wait......

Nothin wrong with that rear except the stripes dont extend down to the bumper and that darn
parking sticker on there to the right. Do they point up ever so slightly?
OIIIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #24  
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!
 
ODDYSEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,103
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Yea I would be pissed if I had to stick it on the BODY of my car. It's bad enough we have it on our windshield. What state do you live in so I know never to move there.
ODDYSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #25  
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member
 
OIIIIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maui, Baby!
Posts: 1,050
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Don't you wanna live in Hawaii?
Quote:
ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Yea I would be pissed if I had to stick it on the BODY of my car. It's bad enough we have it on our windshield. What state do you live in so I know never to move there.
OIIIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #26  
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 324
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Hey Fred, totally forget the mufflers, Pypes now has a dual setup all the way back from the head pipes to the rear bumper without any mufflers at all. This is what I'm now running, and it sounds like old school deep throaty V8. The system with 4 inch chrome tips only runs $200. Good luck, Jack.

[IMG]local://upfiles/63501/5D68BFEC401D4692B47A053778A3862C.jpg[/IMG]
jwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #27  
07 Stang
6th Gear Member
 
07 Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southeast Virginia
Posts: 6,326
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jwilhelm

Hey Fred, totally forget the mufflers, Pypes now has a dual setup all the way back from the head pipes to the rear bumper without any mufflers at all. This is what I'm now running, and it sounds like old school deep throaty V8. The system with 4 inch chrome tips only runs $200. Good luck, Jack.

[IMG]local://upfiles/63501/5D68BFEC401D4692B47A053778A3862C.jpg[/IMG]
States where an inspection is required, a car with no muffler would not pass.
07 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #28  
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,143
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Hey, thanks for all yalls help so far,
and unfortunately yes, I do live in such a state..North Carolina would not take to kindly to my car having things out of code..(tints, exhaust, mounted shotguns, you know how it is down south..). So I am sticking with the GT mufflers I believe. Does the Ninosport system in the link I posted work for both auto and manual trannys?
It says bolt on, but will I have to have it welded in after that?
Thanks,
FM
Fred Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #29  
07 Stang
6th Gear Member
 
07 Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southeast Virginia
Posts: 6,326
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

Hey, thanks for all yalls help so far,
and unfortunately yes, I do live in such a state..North Carolina would not take to kindly to my car having things out of code..(tints, exhaust, mounted shotguns, you know how it is down south..). So I am sticking with the GT mufflers I believe. Does the Ninosport system in the link I posted work for both auto and manual trannys?
It says bolt on, but will I have to have it welded in after that?
Thanks,
FM
Fred Malibu, my mid pipe slipped out yesterday while I (fortunately) was going slow. It was just clamped on. I'm taking it in the shop tomorrow and request they weld it. Although mine is the x-pipe set up, I think it is a good idea for all exhaust set ups be welded to prevent any major catastrophe.
I just can't imagine what would have happened if that slipped out while traveling 60 on a busy Interstate.
07 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #30  
Pantera72
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,412
Default RE: Goin Dual=Sex

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

I just can't imagine what would have happened if that slipped out while traveling 60 on a busy Interstate.
60 ehh?


Pantera72 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 convertible folivier New Member Area 4 10-02-2015 05:34 AM
Really scary throttle issue, Bullitt tuning or something wrong here. JDWalton 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions 8 09-24-2015 08:47 PM
Radio Wiring vbonina V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs 2 09-22-2015 08:31 AM
First Mustang 99' 3 differnt body kits installed TimeLord101 New Member Area 3 09-04-2015 09:27 AM
Planning on Purchasing intake and dual exhaust mryeah256 4.0L V6 Technical Discussions 7 08-28-2015 02:01 PM


Tags
dual, original, sex

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.