Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Corsa's...a unique review

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:21 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default Corsa's...a unique review

So I just got my Corsa's on, literally, "just"...less than an hour ago. I say this is a "unique" review because I am the first to not praise them like they were a gift from the exhaust god, as the 10 commandments stone or something.

The Goods:
They sound REALLY good at the low end, they barely make a noise, just a humming to let you know that you are there. It is really nice with the supercharger, because finally I can hear the whistle. The low end is EXACTLY what I wanted. A very aggressive tone, that is not pretentious. Also, they look stunning. They complete the back end of the car. This was actually the main reason why I got them lol.

The Unexpecteds:
At the high end, the car has a totally different tone, not what I expected at all. It reminded me of the sound a really highly tuned G35 made at a dyno day. Makes a kind of screaming noise, but at a lower note that you would expect.

The Bads:
Fitment....ouch. So this is a used set I put on, but they seemed virtually perfect, and had no sign that somebody messed with the hangers or something. But, they just did not fit right, one fit decently, and one was fitting way too high. The one that was bad was so off that they had to heat up the hanger in 3 spots to make it fit well. On the other side, they just bent it a bit with no heat. They look good now, but they were a pain to get in.

Also, for those interested, I have a set of JBA mufflers for sale. I will sell them for very cheap, PM me if you are interested