Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New duals with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:48 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default New duals with pictures

Last night I stopped by the muffler shop to ask about having duals put on my 2006 V6 Tungsten Grey coupe. He gave me an estimate ofabout $200 forparts,labor,hangers and cutting out the bumper. This morning I was off work so my wife suggested we take the car in and let him keep it until tomorrow, Friday, when I get off work. Dropped it off this morning about 8:00 and he was done about 1:00 this afternoon. Here are a couple of pictures. They look perfect to me. He sure did a great job. It was up on trhe lift when I got there and he showed off his work. It looked just like factory duals with H-Pipe. It sounds greatto boot.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...7-10-04005.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...7-10-04007.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...7-10-04008.jpg

The actual install cost $225 and I paid $75 including shipping for the GT take-offs on E-Bay. My total for the true duals was $300. I thought that was pretty good!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New duals with pictures

Looks nice, mechanic did a good job!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Looks nice, mechanic did a good job!
Thanks SteelStang05. It sounds like you have a nice set up on your car. And thanks for all the replies and advicewhile I was working my way to getting my duals. People like you make this forum great!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Was this for true duals? When doing this mod do they add another catalytic converter?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

looks mean......cool you stuck with the V6 bumper. IMO, it gives it more of a "old school modded" look. awesome.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

No problem, if u have any other ?'s on stuff I know about I'll be glad to help u! Good Luck on any of ur future projects and get ready for all the compliments on the street u'll getwith those duals!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rupp
Was this for true duals? When doing this mod do they add another catalytic converter?
He cut the two pipes after the converters then added an H-Pipe and ran a pipe on each side between the H-Pipe and the muffler. I didn't have my camera with me when I picked the car up. The car was still up on the lift and the work looked like it had come from the factory with the dual exhaust.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Rupp, our sixers already come stock with two cats. its just that after the cats, the pipes join into a y-pipe and exit through one pipe and one muffler. going duals eliminates the y-pipe junction and allows the catback pipe to continue its natural path to its own muffler (h-pipe is added for sound).
Old 10-04-2007, 07:19 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805
Rupp, our sixers already come stock with two cats. its just that after the cats, the pipes join into a y-pipe and exit through one pipe and one muffler. going duals eliminates the y-pipe junction and allows the catback pipe to continue its natural path to its own muffler (h-pipe is added for sound).
Thanks, that's what I was trying to say but you said it so much better than I did. I thought about going back and editing it but am too tired. It's been a long day.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:41 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

im jealous.. i got my ford racing axle back installed for just under 300...

Quick Reply: New duals with pictures