Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Washing ur car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Washing ur car?

I use waterless wash very often...I mean very often..no issues.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the reminder!

I washed and waxed her on Saturday, and had to get the coat of dust off of her.

Stabby likes to shine for the gals!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

I've read where the manufacturer puts a coating on our cars that some folks call "orange peel." Does it wear off or does the car have to be washed in order to remove it? Also what about detailing and waxing it.....that should take the orange peel off....right?

What people call orange peel is the texture in the paint. It is nothing that is put on the car per say. IF you dont know what you are doing when painting you could get orange peel. It is when you look down the paint and the texture looks like, well, a orange peel. The only way to get this out is with a good color sand which I dont suggest you do unless you can do body work.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:36 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

I've read where the manufacturer puts a coating on our cars that some folks call "orange peel." Does it wear off or does the car have to be washed in order to remove it? Also what about detailing and waxing it.....that should take the orange peel off....right?

What people call orange peel is the texture in the paint. It is nothing that is put on the car per say. IF you dont know what you are doing when painting you could get orange peel. It is when you look down the paint and the texture looks like, well, a orange peel. The only way to get this out is with a good color sand which I dont suggest you do unless you can do body work.
I was just curious.....I haven't noticed any dimples or orangel peel like finish on my car.

Do you see any in this photo?

Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

no not really.....hard to tell in a picture. I can tell you one thing though, the paint on our cars factory is much much smoother than some of the other sports cars from other manufaturers. That is something I noticed b4 I even bought my car.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i was my car about two times a week. the days in between i just use ICE detail spray and a microfiber towel. the matt black accents on my car show dust very easily and i hate it hahah so i just keep the car sparkling.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
dmc2904

I thought it wasn't good for your car to wax it more than 1 or 2 times a year?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

if u claybar is then wax it it wont hurt. i also do see how layers of wax would necissarily HURT the car. i clay bar mine at the beggining of summer and at the end of winter.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

BAM check out this Wax Job....shessss sooo clean!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

i wash it about every two weeks. Dry it with a microfiber towel. Then use meguiars spray detailer. I wax it about twice a year or so and clay bar it then as well.

And I too carry microfiber towels in my trunk..along with my spray detailer and invisible glass..lol

Quick Reply: Washing ur car?