Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Washing ur car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default Washing ur car?

I have figured out that my car gets moderately dirty aboutevery 3.5-4 weeks. I usually wash it at this time or bring it to a hand wash car wash. Is it ok to wash ur car14 times a yr? will there be any side effects? how often do u wash ur car? Thanx ahead!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Washing ur car?

i wash mine every 2 weeks... and drive it in the snow... 14 times a year.. i would not worry.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:45 PM
bharp1307

i wash mine once aweek.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
ScreamingYellow2005
2nd Gear Member

I wash mine evey two weeks and wax it too then i put tire shine on my tires every month or so and it makes my car look so much sweeter!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx for the input! So I might wash my car every 2-3 weeks(if dirt is visible from 1-2ft away)now!Thanx for the help again! And remember, a shiny car is a happy car!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:40 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I wash my car whenever theres a glimpse of dirt on it pretty much. I dont mind washing it, if I'm bored from school work I take a half hour and wash it. NBD
Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Unless there's a forecast for rain on Monday, my car gets washed every Monday morning...it's down to a routine now. Drop kids at school, hit Sonic for Vanilla Diet Coke, empty P.O. Box, wash car (quick vacuumof interiorif it needs it)and then drive to work where I towel-dry it (with microfiber towels I keep in my trunk)in the parking lot before going in (my business is a small office so it's not like there's lots of people gawking at me while I do this).

It's every 2-3 weeks where on the weekend I'll wash it in the driveway, liquid clay bar, polish, wax it (and will now be adding the step to put some vinyl protectant on my side stripe!!),clean anything dirty on the inside, tire foam the tiresand clean up all the glass inside and out w/ glass cleaner. I'm too lazy to do that kind of upkeep on a weekly basis.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

Unless there's a forecast for rain on Monday, my car gets washed every Monday morning...it's down to a routine now. Drop kids at school, hit Sonic for Vanilla Diet Coke, empty P.O. Box, wash car (quick vacuumof interiorif it needs it)and then drive to work where I towel-dry it (with microfiber towels I keep in my trunk)in the parking lot before going in (my business is a small office so it's not like there's lots of people gawking at me while I do this).

It's every 2-3 weeks where on the weekend I'll wash it in the driveway, liquid clay bar, polish, wax it (and will now be adding the step to put some vinyl protectant on my side stripe!!),clean anything dirty on the inside, tire foam the tiresand clean up all the glass inside and out w/ glass cleaner. I'm too lazy to do that kind of upkeep on a weekly basis.
Person #1u don't know watching u:Be discreet, it's that creepy guy who towels off his car everyMondaywhile wearinghis suit.
Person #2 u don't know watching u: It's cool, if I had that car I'd do the same thing.(I wish I had that car)
Person #1 u don't know watching u: Me too!

Ugot the microfiber towel. Iheard about themon Mother's car show. There supposed to be the best towel todry off ur car with, 100% scratchproof. That's dedication what u got their. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
ScreamingYellow2005
2nd Gear Member

i use a shammy to dry my car hen i use the mircofiber cloth to wax with honestly
Old 10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
bement14
1st Gear Member

I try to wash my car once a week. I don't like any dirt to show if im looking at it from any angle, at any distance.

Quick Reply: Washing ur car?